Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

how to setup 2013 with nav/sony

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 07:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default how to setup 2013 with nav/sony

I have a 2013 F150 with the nav/sony system in it and it is disappointing as all stock car stereos are. I have Hertz Energy components, a Massive NX4, and a JL 8w3 that I took out of my old truck.

It appears that to install this setup in my new truck I will need some sort of signal processing setup. I've been researching and since I've never done a stereo with a processor in it, I'm having trouble figuring out what I need. I'm not trying to win any competitions, just want good, crisp sound.

I saw where on a 2012 Raptor they installed an AudioControl LCQ1 and a JL Audio SSI. Would that be overkill for my setup? I'm not really concerned about budget if that helps, but would like to keep it under $1000, which the LCQ1 and SSI would come under that mark by a significant amount.

Thanks for your help,
Tommy
Old 04-15-2013, 10:29 PM

Received 131 Likes on 91 Posts

I was just in your shoes a month ago. If you want to simply send back the signal that your speakers are currently getting (just amp'd) then get a simple $25 LOC and splice in under the center console. It's 6 screws and very easy to access.

If you get a 4-channel LOC then you'll keep the Sync functions (where the bluetooth and navigation come from the front only). The sub under the rear seat already is crossed over and only receives the low signals so just splice into it and send the signal directly to your amp for your subs.

You can now turn down the bass for your door speakers because your sub will pick up the load.

I'm sure you'll get plenty of people with a $3,000 taste that will tell you the processor is worth every penny. The amp'd signals and built in crossover for the amp was better than I ever hoped for though. The advice I got here was invaluable but I think some people misunderstood what I wanted - which was simple, clean, deep and punchful bass without distortion or sounding like it is hollow.

Quick Reply: how to setup 2013 with nav/sony