Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

How to replace factory radio on a 2009

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to replace factory radio on a 2009

Hi all, maybe someone has done this. I have an after market am/fm cd player that i would like to install in a 2009. I have removed the 3 screws that i could see, do I just pry on dash panel or is there a trick to doing this. You can see the three screws still in place in pictures. Also am looking for a dash install kit for a 2009. Apicture of 2004-2008 is pictured. Thanks in advance for any help would be great.
Attached Thumbnails How to replace factory radio on a 2009-100_2091.jpg  
Attached Images   
Old 04-13-2009, 12:24 AM

Received 63 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by kenskz1000
Hi all, maybe someone has done this. I have an after market am/fm cd player that i would like to install in a 2009. I have removed the 3 screws that i could see, do I just pry on dash panel or is there a trick to doing this. You can see the three screws still in place in pictures. Also am looking for a dash install kit for a 2009. Apicture of 2004-2008 is pictured. Thanks in advance for any help would be great.

Hey, well i did remove the 2 screws on top under the rubber mat near the screen as well as poped open the panel with the auxilary jack and usb port to get to the other screw. I then started prying gentely the entire assembly with the controls for audio and a\c, it appears that the 2 silver trims with the a\c vents on each side of the console, overlap, so those 2 peices started coming off as i was prying the console, so i pryed those 2 side trims enough to i could take the console off. Behind theres 4 connections, one for the tracting\hazzard controls, one for the audio controls, and 2 for the A\C controls. You'll see a standard double din cd player behind. My question is how do you put aftermarket now? You need a new console assembly?? where would one buy this?
Old 04-14-2009, 11:14 AM

I also have an aftermarket radio but was wondering what the pros and cons were to removing the factory radio, ex. door chimes, outside temp, ect. This is the dash kit I have found. http://www.scosche.com/products/sfID...productID/1675
Old 04-15-2009, 08:43 AM

Awsome find on that assembly. Yes there are gonna be effects on removing the factory unit. Listen, I have to open up my dash again, replacing some wire for the speakers, I'll leave the H\U disconnected and see what I lose when I start the truck. I'm thinking, possibly the compass, and door chime.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:44 PM

Have either of you finished the install? I want to put in a cd player on my 09 XL.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by drb5249
Have either of you finished the install? I want to put in a cd player on my 09 XL.

yes long time ago.. to take appart your dash you need to remove the rubber on top of the lcd where it displays clock and temp... you need to pop off the line in\usb plastic peice.. open the ash tray and push it out from behind... and remove the air vents from both sides of the audio\ac control unit.. it will reveal more bolts to remove.. you'll need to buy a new front assembly and remove the old controls for your a\c and such and screw them in the new peice you order for the front..

for speakers you need to remove the screws at the bottom of the door in the plastic.. theres a little cover inside the handle to remove and theres a screw and behind your door leaver.. theres a cover with a screw behind.. when thats all off.. lift the entire plastic door cover and speaker is right behind it.. if you have manual windows.. well i dont know..
Old 09-13-2009, 10:59 PM

So, what happend when you disconnected the factor stereo? What went blank on the LCD panel?

I plan on replacing the factory radio with a Pioneed full DIN size NAV unit.
I found a replacement wood grained console, with 6 button top from ebay!
Old 09-14-2009, 02:43 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

quick question - while this is off topic i was curious - the 04-08 consol has the bevel panel that pulls out and the "tray" that pulls out with ALOT of room inside - is there nearly as much room behind the 09 "sterio area" than the 04-08
Old 09-18-2009, 06:03 AM

already done this one, and just found some DIY tips online... and as for the aftermarket parts, ebay is a great help in finding one.

Quick Reply: How to replace factory radio on a 2009