Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

How many still using Sync with new HD

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 12:51 PM
Ford Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How many still using Sync with new HD

So after about 4 years of ownership I am finally getting around to my radio. I have a 2011 SCREW XLT with Sync but no Sony radio. Right after I bought the truck I did install Boston Acoustics 5x7's which are nice but still not good off factory HD. My question is how many of you spent the extra $150 or so to retain your Sync? I am planning on the Steering wheel adaptor to use that, but not the Sync. I figure if the radio has Bluetooth capability I should be good. The only thing I use my Sync for is the occasional phone call. Thoughts and comments would be cool.
Thanks
Old 09-13-2016, 06:42 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanp77
So after about 4 years of ownership I am finally getting around to my radio. I have a 2011 SCREW XLT with Sync but no Sony radio. Right after I bought the truck I did install Boston Acoustics 5x7's which are nice but still not good off factory HD. My question is how many of you spent the extra $150 or so to retain your Sync? I am planning on the Steering wheel adaptor to use that, but not the Sync. I figure if the radio has Bluetooth capability I should be good. The only thing I use my Sync for is the occasional phone call. Thoughts and comments would be cool.
Thanks
I eliminated SYNC when I had my 2011 XLT and installed an aftermarket HU
Old 09-13-2016, 07:50 PM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

In my 12, when I installed my Kenwood 892 HU. I kept Sync, as it always worked great for me!

Quick Reply: How many still using Sync with new HD