Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

How to keep R.A.P. on new Stereo

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to keep R.A.P. on new Stereo

Hello I am adding A poineer Avic-x930bt stereo to my 2010 XLT supercrew and want to keep the R.A.P. (Retained Accessory Power) to keep the stereo playing after the key is removed. I see Metra has a kit XSVI-5520-NAV that says it is a 12v interface for aftermarked stereos. It looks like is might be redundant or is the controller for the R.A.P. in the factory stereo and the have 2 different switched power wires. ( one for the key and one for the doors) I am buying the pieces I need for the install and don't want to but unneeded items. Thanks
Old 12-15-2011, 03:07 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

There should be a dedicated switched power source there and I don't believe the radio is run through data. Unfortunately I know the new super duties do have this problem but I don't believe the 2010's were affected.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

motorworld,
Did you ever get this figured out?

I'm having this problem with an aftermarket HU that replaces the oem Premium radio. I noticed in the Ford electrical manual that the oem Base radio retains it's delay from fuse 41 but the Premium radio doesn't have this wire. Instead the manual shows MS CAN wires.

I tried a relay on the ground side of the 24 pin radio harness but that didn't work.

Really want to get this delay working again, I miss it.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:41 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

I know when I had my Clarion hooked up to the PAC FRD1 it retained the delay on my 2011. The FRD1 is for retaining SYNC. Maybe they have another interface for those without it.

Quick Reply: How to keep R.A.P. on new Stereo