Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

how do i bypass headunit to allow it to play dvds while driving?

Old 06-18-2012, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default how do i bypass headunit to allow it to play dvds while driving?

ive been doing some research and havent came up with a straight answer. im going to buy a new headunit for my truck (04 f150 new body style) navigation, blutooth, dvd, blah blah.... id like to figure out how to bypass the dumb safety thing to where you have to park the truck to play a dvd. read where it has to do something with a ground to e brake perhaps?? also read where to ground it to the chasis and it'll work, is that correct?

Last edited by 4ord fan; 06-18-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:27 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Probably depends on which HU you get.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:29 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by 4ord fan
ive been doing some research and havent came up with a straight answer. im going to buy a new headunit for my truck (04 f150 new body style) navigation, blutooth, dvd, blah blah.... id like to figure out how to bypass the dumb safety thing to where you have to park the truck to play a dvd. read where it has to do something with a ground to e brake perhaps?? also read where to ground it to the chasis and it'll work, is that correct?
Depends on what brand of HU you buy. Sometimes you need a relay and sometimes you can just ground the ebrake wire.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:36 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

really depends on head unit there are bypass modules that you can buy to allow you to watch movies and things. i would make sure you have it on a toggle switch incase you need to cut it off because its illegal to have it playing in your view while driving.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:42 AM
swazispencer

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

I have a switch I just flip it and I can watch movies.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:50 AM

Once you buy your HU just go onto google and type on the product number of your type of unit. For instance mine is a avic-D3, I typed that in on google and the first thing that popped up was a forum on those head units. From there it's pretty easy to find a detailed description on how to bypass that safety feature.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:00 AM

thanks guys for the help. ill post up another post asking what headunit to get when i have enough saved up. (wife is killing me!!)
Old 06-23-2012, 11:34 AM
Cant Stop Wont Stop

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 4ord fan
thanks guys for the help. ill post up another post asking what headunit to get when i have enough saved up. (wife is killing me!!)
Same here, all the wifey is wanting is a in dash dvd player for her edge.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Nav

Ok so I'm still not sure how to make that DVD play ?
Old 06-29-2012, 11:36 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Hwb330
Ok so I'm still not sure how to make that DVD play ?
most dvd players have a parking brake wire that is suppose to be connected to the parking brake wire so when brake is applied it will allow dvds to play. most people put the parking wire to gound so that its playable while driving. which is illegal to have. thats y most people use a toggle switch to turn it on and off. but if you go to stereo shop i think the model has change but u can buy a tr7 that will let u watch movies as well. i have a tr7 and i hold my brake pedal down and flip a toggle switch on n off like three times and i can watch movies while driving if i need turn it off i can flip switch to off and flip it back to on

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: how do i bypass headunit to allow it to play dvds while driving?