Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

how to bypass parking brake wire on my pioneer HU in my 03 fx4?

Old 04-01-2013, 04:04 PM
fxmf4

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

Hey guys I'm lookin to bypass the parking brake wire on my pioneer. But can't figure it out. And don't understand fully. I tried to ground it out like putting it on a screw it worked for a few minutes than It stopped. Please give me full instructions. Thanks.. its a pioneer avh-p1400dvd
Old 04-01-2013, 04:07 PM
fxmf4

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

One question can I just hook it up to constant power like hook it to the power to headunit?
Old 04-01-2013, 06:09 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by brandonjr36
One question can I just hook it up to constant power like hook it to the power to headunit?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Go buy yourself a $10 relay made to work
Old 04-01-2013, 08:10 PM
I know it's backwards

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by brandonjr36
Hey guys I'm lookin to bypass the parking brake wire on my pioneer. But can't figure it out. And don't understand fully. I tried to ground it out like putting it on a screw it worked for a few minutes than It stopped. Please give me full instructions. Thanks.. its a pioneer avh-p1400dvd
All you have to do is ground the parking brake wire and put a two terminal toggle switch on it. When you need to see video you just flip the toggle switch. You can also do it with a relay, but I feel the toggle switch is easier and accomplishes the same thing.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used a time delay relay on my 4400bh I didn't want a toggle switch in my truck and a regular relay wouldn't work. I got the relay from an hid lighting supplier, for me it works perfectly.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by shelby2008
I used a time delay relay on my 4400bh I didn't want a toggle switch in my truck and a regular relay wouldn't work. I got the relay from an hid lighting supplier, for me it works perfectly.
Pioneers need a time delay because of the new way they have a double delay setup. I had a toggle switch first and what a PITA to toggle everytime you start the car, etc. I relay is much more professional
Old 04-02-2013, 04:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought a pioneer avh-p4400bh from crutchfield. I also wanted to bypass the parking brake. I just bought a relay from the local auto parts store and hooked it up (two posts to ground, one to the parking brake wire from HU, and one to the remote wire from HU). Works flawlessly.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:19 PM
I know it's backwards

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
Pioneers need a time delay because of the new way they have a double delay setup. I had a toggle switch first and what a PITA to toggle everytime you start the car, etc. I relay is much more professional
Mine's only a year old. Have they changed it since then? Also....why would you have to turn on the toggle switch everytime you start the truck? You only need it if you watch a video.

Just asking...
Old 04-02-2013, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by BlacKnBack
Mine's only a year old. Have they changed it since then? Also....why would you have to turn on the toggle switch everytime you start the truck? You only need it if you watch a video.

Just asking...
I read where the new Pioneers have went to a different system for the parking brake wire. Could be wrong.
Every time you turn off the truck you need to dick with the switch when turn it back on and you want to watch the video. You don't have to with a relay.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gdavis17
I just bought a pioneer avh-p4400bh from crutchfield. I also wanted to bypass the parking brake. I just bought a relay from the local auto parts store and hooked it up (two posts to ground, one to the parking brake wire from HU, and one to the remote wire from HU). Works flawlessly.
I have read elsewhere that because I have the add on navi unit that it won't allow you to accomplish this with just a standard relay. I had a standard relay at first and it didn't work. Had to use time delay relay and it works now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: how to bypass parking brake wire on my pioneer HU in my 03 fx4?