Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

How To: 2009 F150 Speaker Replacement Guide

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 12:57 AM

Received 63 Likes on 33 Posts

Default How To: 2009 F150 Speaker Replacement Guide

I'm sure many like me may be wondering on how to replace the speakers in our trucks. I've started this topic for any steps, recomendations on how to open door planels to replace speakers.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:00 PM
Tommy C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just upgraded my sound system with all ULTRASUBS.com the put 2 sets of SS-6 in the front and back doors ran on a 4200 amp with factory radio and they mad a box to fit under rear seat with 4, LV-6 speakers and it romps I had it done at SoundStation on Staten Island NY if anyone has any questions please ask
Old 11-20-2009, 11:15 PM

I just bought my truck about 2 weeks ago and want to replace the speakers. Can you help with any pictures or instructions to remove the old ones and put in the new ones?
Old 11-20-2009, 11:18 PM
Sideways :-)

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

feel all the way around the door panel and use a small pic to remove any pop-up panels that might conceal any screws... once all screws have been removed simply pull "up" on the entire door panel and pull away from door slowly... remember to unhook your electronics... window roll down, door lock etc.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:21 PM

I am new to F150s so im wondering where are all the hidden pannels with screws under them. I could take the doors off my explorer in about 30 seconds. Im clueless though on the F150 and don't want to break anything pulling on somthing thats not suppose to be pulled on.
Old 11-26-2009, 06:36 PM

Look for a pop off panel on the door handle housing possibly 2 bolts there, then if your door switch panel pops off there may be a bolt in there as well. This is how my 06 panels come off. The rear door also have a top trim panel that runs up the door that pops off and conceals a screw.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:23 PM

Hi guys,
I was looking for a replacement for the pullcap screw cover for the door trim panels in case I damaged them getting them out and I ran into this, it spells it out pretty good:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/jm...door_panel.pdf
I am unsure what the rules are for posting links having just joined. If I am doing something inappropriate let me know.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:55 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by busbyjay
I am new to F150s so im wondering where are all the hidden pannels with screws under them. I could take the doors off my explorer in about 30 seconds. Im clueless though on the F150 and don't want to break anything pulling on somthing thats not suppose to be pulled on.
to remove front door speakers: Simply pull the plastic speaker grill guard out from the door. Remove the four 1/4" screws holding the speaker in place. Then wire up your door spearker. Opposite side similar.

To remove rear door speakers: (assuming a super cab) Remove the panel trim peice that runs along the latch side of the door by pulling out on the panel peice (this may be a bit difficult as the retaining clips can be tricky - try to not break the clips when pulling. Remove the panel trim peice on the hinge side of the door in the same manner. Next remove the power window switch panel, then disconnect the power window switch from the truck. Remove the two bolts under the power window switch, the two screws along the top of the door just underneith the window, underneith the door panel on the bottom of the door. You'll need a 1/4" screw head to remove the panel peices. A 10mm socket & extention w/ratchet to remove the two bolts under the power window trim panel. After all screws are removed simply pull up on panel it should lift right off. Speakers are again removed w/ 1/4" screw head to remove speaker from the door. Installation is reverse of removal, opposite side is similar.
The following users liked this post:
DarkNiteFX4 (11-22-2012)

Quick Reply: How To: 2009 F150 Speaker Replacement Guide