Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Hey 12V Guy or anyone

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 11:05 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Hey 12V Guy or anyone

I am trying to decide on a head unit for my 2010 Lariat (no Sony or nav). Is it really worth it to go with the Kenwoods to keep sync? Don't the receivers have everything sync has or is able to do? I don't need GPS but the only radios that work with the Maestro are the DNN/DNX series (except the DDX-370 (not good enough)). Why did they not make the Maestro compatible with the rest of the DDX series for those that don't want the added price of GPS? I really want the DDX-770 but will lose sync. I don't want to spend $1K+ on a receiver just to keep sync yet I don't want to lose it either.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:07 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I am pretty sure the do my buddy just did the same thing for his truck
Old 07-18-2013, 08:52 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by zeke7142003
I am trying to decide on a head unit for my 2010 Lariat (no Sony or nav). Is it really worth it to go with the Kenwoods to keep sync? Don't the receivers have everything sync has or is able to do? I don't need GPS but the only radios that work with the Maestro are the DNN/DNX series (except the DDX-370 (not good enough)). Why did they not make the Maestro compatible with the rest of the DDX series for those that don't want the added price of GPS? I really want the DDX-770 but will lose sync. I don't want to spend $1K+ on a receiver just to keep sync yet I don't want to lose it either.
You can retain sync with any aftermarket HU with the proper adapter. Maestro has a universal one and so does PAC
Old 07-19-2013, 12:21 PM
F150 Forum

Received 147 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by zeke7142003
Hi,

Many of your questions are more decisions that Kenwood made rather than iDatalink, but I will try to explain.

You can use Maestro with other radios, but our solution for non-Kenwood radios does not retain Sync. If you don't care about Sync, you can pick a radio that has many of the same features. The reason users of Sync want to keep it is the great voice activation features. It really works well.

Why did they only choose the DDX370 - marketing decision, but they felt since it does not offer Bluetooth it would make a nice companion to Maestro where you would be using the factory Sync BT anyway and it hits a really nice price point. I think you will see broader support in the video product lineup next year.

The DDX370 is based on last year's hardware platform and offers none of the new screens. However, the sync integration is good and assuming you don't care about Sat radio, it would work out well for you. However, it will require the ADS-HRN(SX)-ALL01 harness to connect Maestro into the Sat radio port on the head unit.

The new DNX/DNN navigation units add a lot of stuff when using Maestro that you will not get with a DDX370. Search on here and you will find lots of pics and examples including my original post about the new features. You get gauges, vehicle info (including digital TPMS) and the ability to add back a SXV200 sat tuner to replace the one inside the radio that gets pulled out.

Hope this is helpful,
Old 07-19-2013, 06:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 12V Guy
Hi,

Many of your questions are more decisions that Kenwood made rather than iDatalink, but I will try to explain.

You can use Maestro with other radios, but our solution for non-Kenwood radios does not retain Sync. If you don't care about Sync, you can pick a radio that has many of the same features. The reason users of Sync want to keep it is the great voice activation features. It really works well.

Why did they only choose the DDX370 - marketing decision, but they felt since it does not offer Bluetooth it would make a nice companion to Maestro where you would be using the factory Sync BT anyway and it hits a really nice price point. I think you will see broader support in the video product lineup next year.

The DDX370 is based on last year's hardware platform and offers none of the new screens. However, the sync integration is good and assuming you don't care about Sat radio, it would work out well for you. However, it will require the ADS-HRN(SX)-ALL01 harness to connect Maestro into the Sat radio port on the head unit.

The new DNX/DNN navigation units add a lot of stuff when using Maestro that you will not get with a DDX370. Search on here and you will find lots of pics and examples including my original post about the new features. You get gauges, vehicle info (including digital TPMS) and the ability to add back a SXV200 sat tuner to replace the one inside the radio that gets pulled out.

Hope this is helpful,
Thanks for the reply. I find it interesting they would offer it for the DDX370 and then skip all models between until you get to units with a much higher price point. I like sync and the ability to keep my OEM bluetooth microphone is appealing. I guess I will just have to save for the better model.

Quick Reply: Hey 12V Guy or anyone