Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Hertz speakers w/Sony System

Old 04-27-2015, 11:42 AM

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

Default Hertz speakers w/Sony System

Would the Hertz HSK 165 component speakers be a worthwhile upgrade with the factory Sony system? Or, do they really need an amp to drive them? I believe to get the most out of them would require more power, but would there be an incremental improvement by just replacing the speakers?
Old 04-29-2015, 05:50 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by arokcrwlr
Would the Hertz HSK 165 component speakers be a worthwhile upgrade with the factory Sony system? Or, do they really need an amp to drive them? I believe to get the most out of them would require more power, but would there be an incremental improvement by just replacing the speakers?
Hertz are great speakers and would be a good upgrade. I would do speakers first, then decide on an amp.
The following users liked this post:
arokcrwlr (04-29-2015)
Old 04-30-2015, 05:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by arokcrwlr
I have the HSK's and I think you would be really shorting yourself without amping them. I also have the HDP 5 and I'm putting 225W to each speaker. They are a lovely set of speakers and I think you will like them, but the first chance you get to fully power them, do it.
The following users liked this post:
arokcrwlr (04-30-2015)
Old 05-08-2015, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to agree...amp them as soon as possible!

I had a local shop install a set of Hertz 165.3 in the front with factory Nav on my 2014 Platinum. Also installed a 10inch sub under the back seat (next to factory sub) and Kenwood Amp. Sound is really clear and extremely loud. It so loud, I can't turn it up past half way with windows up.

Now I'm researching sound processors to see if it's worth the cost. I have a feeling I'm not getting all the sound quality I could with these speakers, amp and sub. Anyone have experience with sound processors? Worth the $$?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hertz speakers w/Sony System