Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Help upgrading the factory speakers and installing an amp (2015 XLT SCREW MFT)

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 05:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help upgrading the factory speakers and installing an amp (2015 XLT SCREW MFT)

First I looked at the Kicker powerstage upgrade, but $1500 seems insanely overpriced for what you're actually getting there.

I plan on putting a loaded sub enclosure behind the rear seat. Should be a pretty easy endeavor of just running the necessary wires and taping in the high level input wires in the kick panel.

The bigger challenge is upgrading all the factor speakers and installing a new 5 channel amp. I'm totally lost on how to integrate this with the factory MFT unit. A crutchfield vehicle search turns up nothing. I'm assuming I'd need some sort of harness that goes from the factory speakers to a DSP then to an amp (again mounted behind the rear seats) and then back to new speakers. I can't even find what size tweeters fit in the A-pillars or anyone that makes a wiring harness that would connect the factory unit to a DSP.

Guess I'm just asking if anyone has done something similar and could point me in the right direction.

Last edited by JPinTexas; 10-09-2015 at 05:27 AM.
The following users liked this post:
ohenryx (10-21-2015)
Old 10-21-2015, 02:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bumping this back up. I'm interested myself, I like the looks of the Kicker powerstage, that it fits neatly behind the rear seat, but the price is simply too much.

The 2014 version included new door speakers, was only $500 to start with, and fell all the way to $375. That's the kind of deal I'm looking for.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:33 PM

Received 44 Likes on 13 Posts

Here is a link to the write-up I did upgrading my 2015 XLT in case you haven't seen it. It should get you going in the right direction.

https://www.f150forum.com/f30/2015-f...1/#post4327845

Quick Reply: Help upgrading the factory speakers and installing an amp (2015 XLT SCREW MFT)