Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Help with selection, little overwhelmed

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with selection, little overwhelmed

Hey guys need a little guidance. I want to update my audio in my 2014 f150 stx sport supercrew but not really sure which way to go. My overall goal is to add a sub and door speakers. original plan was to get the kicker soundstage but Rogel ford is out of stock and wont get anymore.

Would it be better to add the sub and amp first then when budget permits get the door speakers and a 4 channel or get a new hu with door speakers then the amp and sub?

I went to a few shops and was quoted from $2k-3K. would like to stay around $1k or less.

I like the jl 8" powered single 8 that comes with an amp $429 combo or should I get the same box/amp $230 but what amp? I haven't heard the under seat subs/amp but afraid they might be weak. Im not an audiophile but do like clean crisp music ie metalica enter sand man on the way to the gym.

door speakers: kicker ks series, Rockford fosgate, suggestions welcome on others

Hu: no idea, or should I stay stock. my system has the basic stereo. I am wiring stupid so would have to pay someone or phone a friend. thnks and sorry for all the stupid questions
Old 03-11-2016, 03:42 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Deleted.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:22 PM

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

I have almost the same truck and just put my stuff together. Skip page 1, and maybe 2 but after that I start to get my act together.

https://www.f150forum.com/f30/need-a...ilding-332837/
Old 03-11-2016, 10:33 PM

Thx Kommander, I think I have read your build about 5 times now and when I go to pull the trigger my wife asks if I really need all that and why not the fosgate 8" under seat powered amp or the kicker hideaway. The only answer I give her is that I have heard the jl and it sounded awesome and haven't heard the others. Some reviews say they bottom out quickly but then again I usually don't have my music blasting due to the kids.
Old 03-12-2016, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by dv2027
Thx Kommander, I think I have read your build about 5 times now and when I go to pull the trigger my wife asks if I really need all that and why not the fosgate 8" under seat powered amp or the kicker hideaway. The only answer I give her is that I have heard the jl and it sounded awesome and haven't heard the others. Some reviews say they bottom out quickly but then again I usually don't have my music blasting due to the kids.
My wife used to do the same thing to me but we got past that finally, now I am single. Anyway, I heard the same with the hideaways and while I don't listen to rap I do like my music to have a good bit of bass and I don't want the subs giving out just as I get the volume where I want it. Sometimes I like to roll down the windows and play it while I work in the garage and that requires louder than normal volume. I like to have the ability even if I don't always need it. Plus, I am keeping the factory HU to save a few bucks. The JL I got was from ebay with a best offer. I found their lowest offer to be $700 shipped. its alot but man it feels like a solid sub and enclosure. Here is the auction I used. I had tracking info within minutes of ordering.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JL-AUDIO-SB-...YLwAjMDTwlqIUg
Old 03-12-2016, 11:22 AM

Thx for the link, hopefully I can get the same deal. My wife surprised me and said she wants new speakers in her pilot as well but don't blow the budget lol.
Old 03-13-2016, 12:17 AM

Lol, well congrats! Let us know what you decide on.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:36 PM
F150 Jr Vendor

Received 1,298 Likes on 904 Posts

Guys let me know what you want I'm running a JL Audio special this month!!!

Serving the forum for over 8 years

Brands we sell include: Kicker, NavTV, PAC, CARiD, Dayton, Second Skin, Audio Control, Skar Audio, JL Audio, Focal and more.
PM me for special pricing as our contracts do not allow for posting prices publicly.

Old 03-21-2016, 02:27 PM

Now you do a special... Hahha just kidding. Just installed a 10" DD sub in a custom box powered by a kenwood 500x1 amp. But I do need all new door speakers for 2 vehicles.
Old 03-22-2016, 07:30 AM

I would ask how much for a SB-F-F1502/10W3v3/DG but if you came up under what I paid I would kick myself.

Quick Reply: Help with selection, little overwhelmed