Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

help with replacement speakers.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with replacement speakers.

ok, here it goes. I recently purchased a pioneer stero for my super cab (02). I have the factory speakers and it sounds ok. I have a budget of 100 bucks for speakers and don't know what to get, what would you buy that makes a diff in the quality of the sound. I don't want amps/woofer/subs or anything like that just replacement speakes to mount where the originals go. Should I do 2 speakers or 4? Please help the pioneer is 50x4. i like bass, not alot but at least a little bit.

Last edited by thetruck; 10-17-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:26 PM
lol, wut

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I would just get 4 of whatever that fits in your budget and is 6x8. Unless you're going to use an amp or go with Components, it's not going to matter much.

http://www.crutchfield.com/g_400/All...r_Size|6X8&l=C

These will fit without any brackets, and Crutchfield will give you a free set of wire plugs. The Kicker DS68s for $53/ea pair is a pretty good deal. A tiny bit out of your budget to get two pairs, though.

Last edited by raduque; 10-17-2011 at 07:30 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by raduque
I would just get 4 of whatever that fits in your budget and is 6x8. Unless you're going to use an amp or go with Components, it's not going to matter much.

http://www.crutchfield.com/g_400/All...r_Size|6X8&l=C

These will fit without any brackets, and Crutchfield will give you a free set of wire plugs. The Kicker DS68s for $53/ea pair is a pretty good deal. A tiny bit out of your budget to get two pairs, though.

thanks for the tip, will they sound better than the stock ones i have right now or will it be very little difference?
Old 10-18-2011, 04:46 PM

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

I'd go with the Kickers all around! (only a few bux more than your budget, but you DO get free shipping from them in most cases). If you're only able to replace ONE pair, make it the rear, then use your fader to turn down the fronts a bit. Stock speakers are usually full-range, so you'll get more bass out of the new ones, while your stock door speakers fill in the midrange, until you get another pair.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Warspite
I'd go with the Kickers all around! (only a few bux more than your budget, but you DO get free shipping from them in most cases). If you're only able to replace ONE pair, make it the rear, then use your fader to turn down the fronts a bit. Stock speakers are usually full-range, so you'll get more bass out of the new ones, while your stock door speakers fill in the midrange, until you get another pair.
are these a good choice? will my hu be able to power them adequately? thank you in advance for your help

Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Pair-Kenwo...33722930246339

Last edited by thetruck; 10-18-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might want to take a look at speakers with a higher sensitivity rating. Those are 87 try and find ones in the 90 to 93 range.

Quick Reply: help with replacement speakers.