Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Help with removing factory speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 05:26 PM
iclimb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with removing factory speakers?

I'm replacing all the factory speakers in my 04 F150 and I'm having trouble. My truck has the premium sound package with 51/4" componets up front and I think the 6x8 in the rear. I can get the grill cover off in the front but don't see how to get to the tweeter. I tried to remove the grill covers in the back but I was having trouble and actually broke a couple of snaps. This is a Supercrew truck. I'm replacing everthing with 51/4" JBL GT series in the doors and a JBL GT series 8" for the sub. I will need to build a box for the sub since the factory box is not big enough. I'm also installing a sound prossesor so I can keep the factory deck and steering wheel controls. My only issue is the door speakers. Do I need to remove the whole panel?

Thanks for your help.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:05 PM
iclimb

Default nevermind

I just went out and played around a bit and figured it out. I also figured out that I will need to build a plate for the new speakers to fit. Oh well. Shouldn't be to hard now.
Thanks anyways.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:15 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One thing that I like about Ford's sound system is the fact that you can fit 6x8's and 6x9's in the actual speaker fitting without having to cut.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:02 AM
iclimb

I thought the factory speaker were 6x8's but once I got a good look at them they are actually 4" in the front. I still haven't checked the rear yet due to some nasty weather moving in on me but I should get it done this weekend. I will nedd to build some plates since I already have the 5 1/4" JBL's in hand. I wanted to go with round speakers because I have been told they are better sounding then ovals.
I have a lot of work to do with this system and still some money to save up for the wire and sound prossesor to totaly complete it but I will keep you informed.
I just bought my truck and just joined this forum and I'm glad I found it. I'm sure I will post many other questions and reply's in the future.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Help with removing factory speakers?