Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

HELP PLEASE!!! Amp install - 2013 Limited

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP PLEASE!!! Amp install - 2013 Limited

Hello all, I have a 2013 F150 limited and would lime to install an aftermart amplifier and subwoofer. I have done installs with aftermarket head units but never with the stock stuff. Now I am assuming that I will require a Line Out Converter, but if there is any other way I am open to suggestions. I have used a PAC harness before and it created major electrical issues, so that is not an option for me.

If a LOC is the way to go could someone give me very specific instructions where to tap into the speaker wiring it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!
Old 09-02-2013, 11:39 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What are your goals?

Do you just want to add a subwoofer? Or do you wanna amp the door speakers also? IMHO go with a jbl ms8 and use the internal amp to drive your door speakers (I would replace the stock) and then use an output to run to your subwoofer amplifer and boom you got bass and good sq without a lot of hassle. Install isn't to bad just some 9 wire and some time and you will have t/a, 31 band eq and dsp. I just installed mine with my kenwood unit and it rocks,

Last edited by bigfx; 09-02-2013 at 11:42 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by bigfx
What are your goals?

Do you just want to add a subwoofer? Or do you wanna amp the door speakers also? IMHO go with a jbl ms8 and use the internal amp to drive your door speakers (I would replace the stock) and then use an output to run to your subwoofer amplifer and boom you got bass and good sq without a lot of hassle. Install isn't to bad just some 9 wire and some time and you will have t/a, 31 band eq and dsp. I just installed mine with my kenwood unit and it rocks,
I have a Boston Acoustics 600 watt RMS amp and a Alpine type r swr 12d2 sub and box. I am just looking to add them to the current system.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:16 PM
Dazed and Confused

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts

Buy a PAC AOEM FRD24

https://www.f150forum.com/f30/ultima...-enjoy-104572/
Old 09-03-2013, 08:47 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Do you have the Sony system? If so, it already outputs a line level signal to the built in amp that you can use.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Tallyman89
I have put a PAC unit in a previous unit and it caused major electrical troubles. So I am not willing to go that route. But thanks.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by GATORB8
Do you have the Sony system? If so, it already outputs a line level signal to the built in amp that you can use.
I have the sony / mytouch 700 watt system. Is the built in amp located under the seat with the sub? If so do I just add the LOC in there or how would I tap into that? Splice and split it? I would look for it but my truck does not land at the dealership for another week or so still. I am just getting ready for the install when it does.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:10 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I could not find whether the PAC would work on my 2013 so I just went with a $20 LOC, and it works fine, especially if you aren't going to amp the F & R speakers. The Sony should have enough power to push most good aftermarket 6x8s.
I used the tweeter wires to go into the LOC, because they are full range on the standard non-sony unit. I don't think they are full range on the Sony, so you'll have to use door speaker wires. Just tap into them and run the tap wire into the LOC.

Last edited by mike d; 09-04-2013 at 09:13 AM.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:21 PM
F-150 Frequent Flyer

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by thegrant
I have the sony / mytouch 700 watt system. Is the built in amp located under the seat with the sub? If so do I just add the LOC in there or how would I tap into that? Splice and split it? I would look for it but my truck does not land at the dealership for another week or so still. I am just getting ready for the install when it does.

Unfortunately, the amp is PIA to get at. It is under the center console. You can use the wire that is run to the stock subwoofer, if you so choose.

Quick Reply: HELP PLEASE!!! Amp install - 2013 Limited