Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Help picking subs 2010 screw

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 09:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Help picking subs 2010 screw

Thanks in advance for the help.

I am new to purchasing subs. I am looking to spend around 200-400 for subs and 300-400 for an amp. My local shop suggested a dual down firing box with orion XTR102 and a kenwood xr-5s amp. I am getting new door speakers as weel. I can get the subs for 100 a piece and the amp for 330. Doing some research I came across the pros for about 50 more a piece. Should I go that route? If i do, do I need a stronger amp? Last of all, any other suggestions in my price range would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:05 PM

Anyone with any ideas? So now I know that the pro orion's don't fit, so that is out. I am know thinking about a jl 13tw5 and a jl 500d mono amp. Do you think that this shallow mount sub is worth 400+???
Old 10-14-2010, 05:24 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

The amp is good for what it is, but you're selling yourself short under powering those already low efficiency subs. You're call on the JLs, but I think you can rival the output with a less expensive setup. Check out foxacoustics.com (joefox on here is a vendor), his boxes get you the most mounting depth you can from under the seat at a decent price, he's also got a ported single 10 box for the 09+ that could get you some decent output from that 350W if you wanted to use that amp.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:34 PM

If I went the Jl route would u suggest a different amp? I dont know anything about subs/amp. This is coming from a person who had a ranger tremor and was happy! I don't mind spending the money but if a foxbox would get it done I'm all about saving money.... Well at least putting it toward tires! I'm going to do the highend kenwood nav. Would u mind making a suggestion for amp/amps, door speakers, sub/subs. For 1500 to 2000 not including headunit or less if you think it will sound good. I don't need to be heard a block away!

Quick Reply: Help picking subs 2010 screw