Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Help for a New Guy!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help for a New Guy!

Hey everyone, I'm new to the board and I am about to purchase a 2006 F-150 SCREW Lariat 4x4. I am considering purchasing a new double-din dvd head unit for my new truck. I'm considering 3 different models:

Kenwood DDX512

JVC KW-AVX710

Pioneer AVH-P4000

If anyone has any of these and would like to shed some opinions or some pictures of the unit in action, I'd greatly appreciate it.

One general question, when installed, will the steering wheel controls for volume and/or seek be compatitable to the units?

Thanks Guys!
Old 11-20-2008, 04:15 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey. I actually have the Kenwood DDX612 and it's a pretty good unit. I wish I would have gotten a bluetooth unit but oh well. I'm actually selling mine pretty soon and going with a Pioneer bluetooth unit. I like having an in-dash unit but I don't use it as much as I thought I would. But overall I'm VERY pleased with the Kenwood.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:06 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a Pioneer unit in my truck (Pioneer AVIC D3) and am really happy with the quality of the unit. I don't have the steering wheel controls, but I believe there's an adapter that yu have to purchase separately to make the steering wheel controls work though. If you talk to the folks at Crutchfield they'll ensure you get what you need.

Oh yeah, get a blue tooth unit, they do make a big difference. I have bluetooth with mine and it rocks.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:07 PM
2006 F-150 5.4 4x4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed the avh-p4000 in my 06 xlt and so far Im loving it. I was a little cautious at first because some people said there are sub preouts and some said no....but there are. as for the steering wheel controls, I dont know (i dont have them on my model truck) so Im not going to steer you wrong there. Picture quality is better than I have seen on a lot of the other models I have seen. I will post some pictures and I will try to get a demo video going for all who have been searching the web and only finding 1 or 2 half ***** ones tomorrow. any questions, feel free to ask
Old 11-20-2008, 09:07 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry for not answering your other question. I completely looked over it. If you order from Crutchfield, tell them that you have the steering wheel controls and that you want to keep them and they'll throw in the adapter for ya' so you won't lose them.

Quick Reply: Help for a New Guy!