Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Help me figure out what I want.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 01:55 PM
Zax
♫♪ I Hold On ♫♪

Received 77 Likes on 72 Posts

Default Help me figure out what I want.

Okay,
Currently this is my audio set up:

Head Unit: Pioneer x4500BT
Front Speakers: Infinity Kappa 680.9cs
Rear Speakers: Infinity Reference 6832cf
Sub: JL Audio Stealth-box 10"
Amp: JL Audio XD700/5

Now here is what I want to do. I would like to upgrade my front speakers, the rear one's are fine I suppose, I'm never back there. The tweeters for my front speakers don't really fit well, no matter what I do so that really gets my goat, so I want a set up with smaller tweeters. That and they are a bit harsh. I use Siri though the system and when she dings to start her search it HURTS my ears, even when the volume is low. So I want something that is good and clear but NOT harsh. I have talked to Crutchfield and they recommended these: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_091ISS5...6#overview-tab but I have never heard of them...so I was hoping someone here could help. I would also like to possibly add another sub in the future but that's not a rush. None of this is really a rush as I have a lot of other things pending I just want to know what I should put on my Christmas list.

Sorry for the long post.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:06 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Zax
Okay,
Currently this is my audio set up:

Head Unit: Pioneer x4500BT
Front Speakers: Infinity Kappa 680.9cs
Rear Speakers: Infinity Reference 6832cf
Sub: JL Audio Stealth-box 10"
Amp: JL Audio XD700/5

Now here is what I want to do. I would like to upgrade my front speakers, the rear one's are fine I suppose, I'm never back there. The tweeters for my front speakers don't really fit well, no matter what I do so that really gets my goat, so I want a set up with smaller tweeters. That and they are a bit harsh. I use Siri though the system and when she dings to start her search it HURTS my ears, even when the volume is low. So I want something that is good and clear but NOT harsh. I have talked to Crutchfield and they recommended these: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_091ISS5...6#overview-tab but I have never heard of them...so I was hoping someone here could help. I would also like to possibly add another sub in the future but that's not a rush. None of this is really a rush as I have a lot of other things pending I just want to know what I should put on my Christmas list.

Sorry for the long post.
Well Focals are excellent and very expensive. Check the crossovers.

The computer-optimized outboard crossover networks employ audiophile-grade components to separate highs and lows, so that the woofer and tweeter work together perfectly. You can attenuate tweeter response by 6 dB to get the perfect sonic balance if you've mounted the tweeters in a less-than-ideal factory location.

Last edited by Wyo11Scab; 09-26-2013 at 02:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Zax (09-26-2013)

Quick Reply: Help me figure out what I want.