Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Help me choose amp)

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 05:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Help me choose amp)

Ok system is mostly bought. Just need a amp for subs. Going to be running 2 soundqubed hds210. 600 watt rms. These are my narrowed down choices. Anybody used one or know if one stands out as the "known" better budget amp etc? Thanks

Old 11-10-2015, 06:31 PM

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Precision power. All the way. They are VERY nice for the price. And put down some POWER for sure. And they will do it all day, clean.

Has integrated and adjustable sub-sonic(lowest frequency you can play) and low pass filters(highest frequency it will play). Almost unheard of in the budget amp market, normally something you only see on amps such as Sundown, Digital Designs, Sound Qubed, b2 audio, you get the point.

That being said, a very high quality 4ga wiring kit would be needed. If not even a 1/0 kit with reducers. The amp is fused for 120 amps, so that's sorta an inbetween range... Personally, I would run a nice 1/0 kit and get a set of 1/0 to 4ga machined reducers. Fuse the wire coming off of the battery with a 150amp ANL fuse and call it a day.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:43 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Hifonics, Belva, and Precision make "decent" low end amps. When looking at rated power, is important to see if it was rated at 16v or 14v. 14v being the actual real world application...

I've used Hifonics in the past, they were okay and performed well for the price. Honestly you'd be better off buying a used amp that is a better brand. If it was me I'd be putting about 800w to the subs.

It's also important to note that after you factor in efficiency, power reduction, box rise, etc, you aren't going to see the as much power as what the amp claims it will produce. So therefore, go bigger and set your gain accordingly to give it a nice clean signal.

Last edited by DaytonLax14; 11-10-2015 at 09:45 PM.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:46 PM

Also, we need to know if you will be wiring your subs to 1 ohm, 2ohms, 4ohms, etc.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by boom50cal
Precision power. All the way. They are VERY nice for the price. And put down some POWER for sure. And they will do it all day, clean.

Precision Power PPI Phantom P1000.1 Car Amplifier | SMD D'Amore AD-1 - YouTube

Has integrated and adjustable sub-sonic(lowest frequency you can play) and low pass filters(highest frequency it will play). Almost unheard of in the budget amp market, normally something you only see on amps such as Sundown, Digital Designs, Sound Qubed, b2 audio, you get the point.

That being said, a very high quality 4ga wiring kit would be needed. If not even a 1/0 kit with reducers. The amp is fused for 120 amps, so that's sorta an inbetween range... Personally, I would run a nice 1/0 kit and get a set of 1/0 to 4ga machined reducers. Fuse the wire coming off of the battery with a 150amp ANL fuse and call it a day.
Thank you, yea I will be using 1/0 guage, like u said. Have a 500 watt 5 channel running fronts. As well.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by DaytonLax14
Hifonics, Belva, and Precision make "decent" low end amps. When looking at rated power, is important to see if it was rated at 16v or 14v. 14v being the actual real world application...

I've used Hifonics in the past, they were okay and performed well for the price. Honestly you'd be better off buying a used amp that is a better brand. If it was me I'd be putting about 800w to the subs.

It's also important to note that after you factor in efficiency, power reduction, box rise, etc, you aren't going to see the as much power as what the amp claims it will produce. So therefore, go bigger and set your gain accordingly to give it a nice clean signal.
Yes, definitely a great idea. I do realize these are low end budget amps. Was hoping to get some good quality for a decent price but that seems not to happen nowadays lol. Really want to stay 200 below but might save ups although that phantom seems pretty decent.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:11 PM

Also, we need to know if you will be wiring your subs to 1 ohm, 2ohms, 4ohms, etc.
Subs will be wired 1 ohm. But can go 2 ohm if need be.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Gone11
Subs will be wired 1 ohm. But can go 2 ohm if need be.
Definitely keep it at 1ohm instead of 2. From there you want to find a good amp that will give you around 1800w at 1ohm. That way you have some wiggle room to set your gain. Did you do the big 3 yet?
Old 11-10-2015, 10:38 PM

I'd take a look at this amp if I were you...

Massive Audio n4
Old 11-10-2015, 11:51 PM

Definitely keep it at 1ohm instead of 2. From there you want to find a good amp that will give you around 1800w at 1ohm. That way you have some wiggle room to set your gain. Did you do the big 3 yet?
Upping budget 250-300.. Might just get soundqubed amp. But that amp you posted would be nice! No I have not did the big 3, the shop I talked to said it would void my warranty on my truck;( since it is brand new going to try to get away with a extra xps battery I think that's what it was. Have not asked ford but knowing them shop is most likely right.

Quick Reply: Help me choose amp)