Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Help! Installed Pioneer Radio in 2007 Lariat, now ABS and Parking Brake lights on!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 10:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Installed Pioneer Radio in 2007 Lariat, now ABS and Parking Brake lights on!

Yeah, I installed a Pioneer x710bt Nav system in my 2007 Lariat. I used a Scosche wiring harness and also the SW-PSI steering wheel control adapter. Everything works smoothly now, except one thing. My ABS and Parking Brake lights on the dash stay on. I am sure I must have screwed something up, but I have no idea what. Does anyone have any ideas where I could have screwed up?

Thanks
Old 02-02-2010, 08:20 AM

Ok, I did find out that I had a blown fuse, #14 in the panel. I tried replacing the fuse, and the lights went off, but came back on a few seconds later, as the fuse blew again. According to the owners manual, that fuse controls:

Back-up lamp and Daytime
Running Lamps (DRL) relay coil,
A/C pressure switch, Redundant
speed control switch, Heated PCV
(5.4L), Trailer tow back-up lamps
relay coil, ABS, Reverse park aid,
EC mirror, Navigation radio
(reverse input)

So the only thing I can figure is I am missing a ground or something on the Navigation radio (reverse input), since that should be the only thing I have touched on that circuit. Does anyone have any idea what pin that is, or what I need to do to fix it?
Old 02-02-2010, 08:45 AM

Received 30 Likes on 5 Posts

Ground could be bad... but more likely... did it come with a wire to attach to the parking brake? I would look there first.

Did you wire anything outside of the harness? Can you double check the harness to make sure it is correct?
Old 02-02-2010, 09:49 AM

Ok,

I pulled a Ford 24 Canbus diagram, and pin 20 is Reverse Park Aid, which I am pretty sure I didn't use so I just taped the wire off on the harness. I am using a Scosche wiring harness, and I did not cut any wires on the truck. I just wired the Pioneer directly into the harness as stated in the manuals. There were several wires I didn't need, one was the pin 20. I assume what pin 20 does, is goes high when the taillights come on for factory nav systems to display turn on the camera. In that case, I should just be able to tape it off, correct?

I did find one other guy with similar symptoms, and it turned out his A/C control box had an internal short, and had to be replaced. Since, all we did was unplug the A/C control box to remove the trim panel, and then plug it back in(and it only plugs in one way) I don't know how that could be the problem. Here's hoping when I go out and pull the system out, that Pin 20 is wired into something and I can just cut and tape it.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:08 AM

Received 30 Likes on 5 Posts

No cutting required in most cases: http://www.wiringproducts.com/contents/en-us/d297.html

Did you disconnect the battery? I know that they say you are supposed to and I am bad and never do, but a short could happen. Or it isn't plugged in all the way / properly?
Old 02-02-2010, 02:20 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Sounds like the circuit is shorted. Double check to make sure the splice at the radio back up signal / parking brake signal in the harness doesn't have any exposed wire, and that the power wire insulation is not nicked.

Quick Reply: Help! Installed Pioneer Radio in 2007 Lariat, now ABS and Parking Brake lights on!