Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

HELP!! Factory/OEM/Stock sub woofer and enclosure 2005 SuperCrew F150

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question HELP!! Factory/OEM/Stock sub woofer and enclosure 2005 SuperCrew F150

I have a 2005 Ford F150 King Ranch with the Audiophile system, and six disc cd player. I want to replace the factory audiophile sub that comes in the Ford factory enclosure because it is blown out badly. I still want to use the factory amp as it is in perfect working condition. I ONLY WANT TO REPLACE THE SUB! I have seen where others have done this by buying the same audiophile sub that comes stock with the system, or buying an aftermarket 8" sub with the correct specifications. The audiophile sub is a 4 ohm dual voice coil 8 inch sub, and the box/enclosure has a mounting depth of 3.5". Finding another audiophile sub has proven to be very difficult because they do not make this particular one anymore, and If I buy a replacement factory set up it will cost me a good bit more than I want too. However, I do not know how to properly remove the wiring from the audiophile speaker, and wire in a replacement sub woofer. I will more than likely be getting an aftermarket speaker. Rockford Fosgate makes an 8" sub that will work with the factory amp. The speaker is a Rockford Fosgate P3SD4-8. It is a 4-ohm dual voice coil just like the audiophile. It will fit in the box perfectly.

Yes, I do know that buying an aftermarket speaker, and continuing use of the factory amplifier will not make a difference in power, sound, etc...

Please someone, anyone help me with figuring out this wiring situation.
Attached Thumbnails HELP!! Factory/OEM/Stock sub woofer and enclosure 2005 SuperCrew F150-img_0044.jpg   HELP!! Factory/OEM/Stock sub woofer and enclosure 2005 SuperCrew F150-img_0046.jpg   HELP!! Factory/OEM/Stock sub woofer and enclosure 2005 SuperCrew F150-img_0049.jpg  
Old 02-27-2015, 10:49 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Pretty straight forward. The wires with the stripes are the positive.
Old 02-27-2015, 03:00 PM

I know that, I want to know how to disconnect the wires and how to connect them to another speaker. Do I need to just clip the wires on the audiophile sub?
Old 02-27-2015, 03:03 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthernPride99
I know that, I want to know how to disconnect the wires and how to connect them to another speaker. Do I need to just clip the wires on the audiophile sub?
Or u can just slip off the spade connectors
Old 02-27-2015, 03:45 PM

Yeah...
Problem is these won't slip off, I've tried. I have tried everything, but cut the wires. Guess that's what I'll do.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah... Problem is these won't slip off, I've tried. I have tried everything, but cut the wires. Guess that's what I'll do.
Just clip'em and strip'em. Remember what is positive because the Fosgate sub is gonna need bare wires into the terminals anyways. So therefore you won't even need the connectors attached.
Old 07-02-2020, 07:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 2005 Ford F150 King Ranch with the Audiophile system, and six disc cd player. I want to replace the factory audiophile sub that comes in the Ford factory enclosure because it is blown out badly. I still want to use the factory amp as it is in perfect working condition. I ONLY WANT TO REPLACE THE SUB! I have seen where others have done this by buying the same audiophile sub that comes stock with the system, or buying an aftermarket 8" sub with the correct specifications. The audiophile sub is a 4 ohm dual voice coil 8 inch sub, and the box/enclosure has a mounting depth of 3.5". Finding another audiophile sub has proven to be very difficult because they do not make this particular one anymore, and If I buy a replacement factory set up it will cost me a good bit more than I want too. However, I do not know how to properly remove the wiring from the audiophile speaker, and wire in a replacement sub woofer. I will more than likely be getting an aftermarket speaker. Rockford Fosgate makes an 8" sub that will work with the factory amp. The speaker is a Rockford Fosgate P3SD4-8. It is a 4-ohm dual voice coil just like the audiophile. It will fit in the box perfectly.

Yes, I do know that buying an aftermarket speaker, and continuing use of the factory amplifier will not make a difference in power, sound, etc...

Please someone, anyone help me with figuring out this wiring situation.
I have the 2008 version of this OEM subwoofer.
I see 2 sets of 2 wires coming out of the amp. Are the 2 sets for 2x voice coils?
thank you
Old 07-02-2020, 09:23 PM

Hey,

those two sets of wires are actually 4 OHM dual voice coil. I split them spliced the negative wires together, and the positive wires together and ran them directly to a kicker 10 subwoofer 4OHM in a box under the seat. You can look up which wires are pos and negative. I do not remember which is which. I sold my 05 F150. Moved up to a ‘19 Silverado. Getting off topic here, sorry. But i will warm you that amp is only pushing about 80-100 amps out of it. It’s not much. It will sound okay, but I would recommend using an aftermarket head unit. It’s a trick to get it all connected right, but once you do it sounds descent.

Originally Posted by Fritzl65
I have the 2008 version of this OEM subwoofer.
I see 2 sets of 2 wires coming out of the amp. Are the 2 sets for 2x voice coils?
thank you
Old 07-02-2020, 09:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey,

those two sets of wires are actually 4 OHM dual voice coil. I split them spliced the negative wires together, and the positive wires together and ran them directly to a kicker 10 subwoofer 4OHM in a box under the seat. You can look up which wires are pos and negative. I do not remember which is which. I sold my 05 F150. Moved up to a ‘19 Silverado. Getting off topic here, sorry. But i will warm you that amp is only pushing about 80-100 amps out of it. It’s not much. It will sound okay, but I would recommend using an aftermarket head unit. It’s a trick to get it all connected right, but once you do it sounds descent.
I replaced the head unit with a kenwood ddx372bt
I found the wiring polarity for the 4 wires here.. stripe is positive. Did you keep the stock sub amp?
I can find a speaker... i bought the subwoofer for 10 bucks on Facebook so its worth a little timkerinf for me. I dont.have the cable from the HU back, but wiring.doesnt scare me much. I think i neednto.stwp down the enable signal from12 to 5 Vdc...
and find that sub connector

Quick Reply: HELP!! Factory/OEM/Stock sub woofer and enclosure 2005 SuperCrew F150