Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Help Choosing Touchscreen Head Unit

Old 03-30-2013, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Choosing Touchscreen Head Unit

I have a 2004 Lariat SuperCrew and I am looking to add a touchscreen head unit to replace the factory deck. I've been searching through tons of different head units and I'm just not sure what exactly will work in my truck. I want to keep the steering wheel controls and I need to play my iPod, preferably through a USB connection. I don't need nav and I'd like to spend about $200-$300 on the head unit. Last week I added a 10" sub and amp as well. Would something like the Pioneer AVH-X1500DVD be a viable option? I have taken out my head unit to look at the inputs in the back and all I am using is the 24 pin connector and a lot of the head units I have looked at online don't have this input. If someone could help me out that would be awesome! Thanks!
Old 03-30-2013, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a screenshot of what I think I need/ would work in my truck. If someone could review my shopping cart and let me know if everything will work or if I need anything else. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Help Choosing Touchscreen Head Unit-screen-shot-2013-03-30-12.41.26-pm.jpg  
Old 03-31-2013, 04:31 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy Stemple
Here's a screenshot of what I think I need/ would work in my truck. If someone could review my shopping cart and let me know if everything will work or if I need anything else. Thanks!
Looks good as long as the Pioneer HU has an input for the SWC adapter. I don't know if it does for sure
Old 04-02-2013, 04:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was in the same boat as you are a month ago. I would suggest on going on crutchfield's outlet store. They have great prices and you get the crutchfield support and warranty (important for a person like me). I actually got an avh-p4400bh for $275 (open box). The unit was flawless and I would suggest getting on the website before you buy. Plus the harness and installation kit came free with the HU.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help Choosing Touchscreen Head Unit