Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

help choosing speakers

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 10:48 PM
New F-150 Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default help choosing speakers

So I am getting some speakers to replace the current ones in my system for christmas, so far, i have these three that I am looking at, though leaning mostly to the JL audios. I am looking for the best i can get around $100 a pair, but am willing to go up/down on the price, just want good quality speakers, though anything will be better than this stock crap that is in there now probably. I mostly listen to metal/rock music.

Here is what i have picked out so far:

JL Audio C2-570x
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...o+C2-570X.html

Infinity Kappa 682.9cf
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...a+682.9cf.html

Polk Audio db571
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...dio+db571.html

Pioneer Premier TS-D802P
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...+TS-D802P.html

Again, more than open to any recommendations, and would love to hear your opinions on the above as well...will be run just off the factory HU for now, but will more than likely get a 50wx4 amp in the future, and already have a 250wx1 JL audio amp that i will be using to power a 10 or 12 inch sub in the future.

Thanks

edit: im really leaning heavily towards those premiers as well, so mostly between those, but put the others up just for consideration.

Last edited by compCoder; 11-15-2009 at 10:59 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will be very happy with anything that you choose from JL Audio. i Have heard the C2s they sound amazing
Old 11-15-2009, 11:55 PM
November 2009 TOTM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here take a look at these

http://www.brilliant-electronics.com...d_speakers.htm

they are called pyramid gold...i have put these in my wifes car...they were a little on the expensive side but they sound much better then anything i have used before.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:41 AM

i would go with the JL, i have some myself and they sound great! they also can keep up with my two twevles
Old 11-16-2009, 08:06 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

this is personal preference but - I have used pioneer in a few vehicles i've owned and just switched to a set of boston acoustics in my f150. But the pioneer is a solid speaker with a long reputation - remember speakers are good but you can double sound quality with a good amplifier. thats of course if your planning to amp door speakers....
Old 11-16-2009, 08:38 AM

Received 30 Likes on 5 Posts

I have been a big fan of pioneer and alpine gear. Most of the bigger names are just as good as one another. I think it mostly comes down to personal preference.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

deff go with the JL's theres just not much out there that sounds as great as they do and can put up with abuse like JL's I have basically owned every kind of subs and highs worth tryin and some not, and i will never buy anything else till proven otherwise.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:10 PM
New F-150 Owner

Originally Posted by Viper
Here take a look at these

http://www.brilliant-electronics.com...d_speakers.htm

they are called pyramid gold...i have put these in my wifes car...they were a little on the expensive side but they sound much better then anything i have used before.
I looked at all those pyramid speakers, and none of them are on the expensive side IMO, most expensive 6x8 are like $30...only thing over $100 is 15" speaker cabinets for home audio...

Thanks for the responses everyone, so far, the JL are definitely the winner, after doing more research today, seems that the pioneers are louder, but SQ is much better on the JL, and im more interested in sound quality than straight loudness, plus, if the JL aren't loud enough with the stock stereo (doubt they will be), thats what they make amps for

Any more recommendations and thoughts are most certainly welcome.

Thanks
Old 11-17-2009, 09:07 PM
New F-150 Owner

anyone by chance have a guide or something that shows how to pull off the door panels on these trucks? I don't want to just yank on it, and reading a guide would really help, and if i decide to amp, getting a 50w x 4 before i install, whats the easiest way to install it? take the speaker outputs right from the factory HU, put on a rca converter box, then run these all the way to the back, then back up to where the current wires run behind the dash, and splice the extra length in?

thanks

edit: Actually, was thinking about this some more, is it possible to just remove the speaker grills and not have to remove entire door panel?

Last edited by compCoder; 11-17-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:01 PM

nope on the 09

Quick Reply: help choosing speakers