Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

help with amp please

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 08:39 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Default help with amp please

I have a Kenwood KAC-6104D. (http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entert...iers/KAC-6104D)
and i have it located under my passenger seat. On the back of it( or side, dont know much about this stuff) it has 2 little ***** that i can turn and the bass will either get deeper or not. My question to you guys is since its inder the seat its kinda hard to adjust that stuff while driving, is there something i can buy and mount on my dash or somewhere that allows me to control all that stuff? Sorry for the ignorance.
Attached Images  
Old 02-03-2011, 09:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I think there called an RCA line level controller it hooks between your cd player and the amps RCA line in.
http://www.google.com/m/products/det...ed=0CBsQ8wIwAg
Old 02-03-2011, 09:43 PM
First Tiger of G.R.O.S.S.

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

The **** on the left is you low pass filter, which chooses the frequency where the sub is allowed to receive signal... I'd recommend setting this to around 120hz and just leave it.

The other **** is the gain on the amp. The way you set this one up is two steps. First is you set your head unit to be right in the middle of the base level output. The second step is you turn the **** up half-way, then you turn the stereo up until you start hearing distortion in the sub woofer (or the woofer bottoms out). When it starts to bottom out (or distort), turn down the head unit, then roll back the gain a little bit and repeat the process. If you never distort the sub, bring the gain up a little and try again.

This is called "dialing in" the amp. Once you get it set, you will control the amount of base through the head unit from then on and not adjust the gain on the amp, so you should not have to worry about messing it once it is dialed in.

some amps offer remote gain control for the subwoofer amps as there are some times when you want a lot more sub then others. This amp does not appear to be one of those kinds of amps as the sub-gain control typically looks like a phone plug and is positioned near the line-in or the amp.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:55 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

^^^ wow thats alot of information, like i said im new to this so i hope i followed you correctly. this is the head unit i have havent quite figured this thing out yet either. http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entert...ent/KDC-MP642U
thanks for the help guys
Old 02-04-2011, 12:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i want to get the best out of my system...so if u guys find a link on how to "dial" everything up that would be great..i too am not an expert but can play around with it..my system already sounds ok..but im not happy with my bass...the highs sound nice even when its at high volume, but my subs sound horrible at high volume...if i turn it down they sound nice..but not when its at high volume...i would appreciate the help on helping me out with this as well...thanks

Quick Reply: help with amp please