Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

help with amp install please

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 11:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default help with amp install please

Thanks in advance I'm feeling dumb right now!! Keeping HU no nav..have pac frd 24 installed ...#4 ran to amp location and ground (Rockford to share r400-4d) wanting to power 4 door speakers(infinity reference ) my question is running the new speaker wire from amp to door locations...do you just splice speaker wire in cab since there is that funky connector where door closes?
or do i bring all speaker out from amp and splice into speaker out on the pac?

Last edited by jaxfish; 03-27-2014 at 11:37 AM.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:50 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

When I did mine, I ran the speaker outs from the Amp to the PAC harness and cut there. I didn't want the hassle of running wiring through the doors and it allows you to remove everything and put all the stock stuff back if you decide to trade or sell.
The following users liked this post:
jaxfish (03-27-2014)
Old 03-27-2014, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by barkingspud
When I did mine, I ran the speaker outs from the Amp to the PAC harness and cut there. I didn't want the hassle of running wiring through the doors and it allows you to remove everything and put all the stock stuff back if you decide to trade or sell.
thank you
so on the pac my left rear from amp will splice into pac green\black and green ect ect with rest of outs from amp?
Old 03-27-2014, 12:12 PM

wow i thoughtni done my homework on this site. awsome info here. I just spoke to crutchfield and they said all i need to do is get power and ground to amp then plug in the 4 rca's and im good to go. seems like im missing something though.
Barkingspud i thought the whole idea of the PAC was not to cut into anything thats why i went with pac instead of metra. im a noob at this but ......
Old 03-27-2014, 02:33 PM

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by jaxfish
wow i thoughtni done my homework on this site. awsome info here. I just spoke to crutchfield and they said all i need to do is get power and ground to amp then plug in the 4 rca's and im good to go. seems like im missing something though.
Barkingspud i thought the whole idea of the PAC was not to cut into anything thats why i went with pac instead of metra. im a noob at this but ......
Crutchfield probably thinks you have a factory amp. You will need to take the speaker out wires of the amp and splice them into the PAC out harness. Thus alleviating cutting factory wiring.
jaxfish (03-27-2014)
Old 03-27-2014, 03:58 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by troutspinner
Crutchfield probably thinks you have a factory amp. You will need to take the speaker out wires of the amp and splice them into the PAC out harness. Thus alleviating cutting factory wiring.

Yep, Instead of running speaker wires to each door, you run it back to the PAC harness and cut those wires. Makes it much simpler. At least from my point of view.
jaxfish (03-27-2014)
Old 03-27-2014, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by troutspinner
yes sir...it works as is but no where ....where it should be. front speakers i can tell the difference but rear ones are weaker now....tinny sounding with LOW LOW volume. on the plus side sync still works ..LOL
Old 03-27-2014, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by barkingspud
Yep, Instead of running speaker wires to each door, you run it back to the PAC harness and cut those wires. Makes it much simpler. At least from my point of view.
with all the reading i cant believe i missedthe part about splicing into PAC
im assuming i will be grabing wires thats between 2 plugs on PAC?
still cant believe i missed that part ive seen it on the metra harness... here we go with another search...at least im getting quicker disassembling and reassembling so the smaller gauge wire on factory wiring will be sufficient for increased wattage? i guess so i havent read about anyone burning wires
Old 03-27-2014, 10:55 PM

Default oh boy

been searching and im liking the drill on side of molex connector to get amped speaker wire to speaker. so if i do this do i have to mess with the PAC harness? I didnt think i was this challenged but this is kicking my brain
Old 03-28-2014, 12:31 AM

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by jaxfish
with all the reading i cant believe i missedthe part about splicing into PAC
im assuming i will be grabing wires thats between 2 plugs on PAC?
still cant believe i missed that part ive seen it on the metra harness... here we go with another search...at least im getting quicker disassembling and reassembling so the smaller gauge wire on factory wiring will be sufficient for increased wattage? i guess so i havent read about anyone burning wires
Yes, you will be grabbing the wires between the 2 PAC plugs.

As for burning. It all depends on the wattage you are running. If you are sending 100+ watts to your speakers, direct wiring would be preferred but if not, the factory wiring will do just fine. But to answer your other post question, yes, drilling the side and direct wiring will take care of you as well.
jaxfish (03-28-2014)

Quick Reply: help with amp install please