Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

HELP! aftermarket system one side louder

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! aftermarket system one side louder

hey guys name Martin new to the forum, for fathers day i decided to make my dads 2015 super crew lariat with sony system better. i read the useful threads i could find and am using an LC2i which i hooked up the front left mid and tweet to it. everything plays but the left side is a lot louder then the right. it seems onely the tweeter plays the mid is non existent. and I've verified all speakers are fine because when i switch the rcas it switches so it indeed is something with wiring. the threads I've read only hook up the left side mid and tweet. am i supposed to hook up both left AND right?

Last edited by 1500martin; 07-03-2016 at 04:00 PM.
Old 07-03-2016, 05:58 PM
Mass Effect

Received 84 Likes on 66 Posts

You're just going to have to retrace the connections. If the mid plays fine when you swap RCA's then you know the connection from the amp to the speaker is fine.

Now if the mid is playing but it's just really quiet or only high frequencies are coming thru it, it sounds like you've got the crossover hooked up wrong and you've got the mid hooked up to the tweeter's output.
Old 07-03-2016, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i figured it out jus switch my inputs to the rear speakers and everything solid. i guess the lc2i doesnt sum like my lc6i did. my fault for not reading the manual fully lol

Quick Reply: HELP! aftermarket system one side louder