Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 09:45 PM
Project White Fang

Received 262 Likes on 222 Posts

Default Help!

So my subs stopped working out of no where 2 days ago. I can't figure out why! The amp light is still on, subs and amp wires are still connected. Took out my screen all wires are connected. No fuses on amp or truck are blown, as well as sound system fuse under my hood isn't either.

I have blown subs in my old cars & they usually are muffled and sound all distorted, but these are just dead silent, no movement or anything.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm going to bring it to a shop on Monday. Any ideas on what it might be, before I spend money for a place to check this out would be appreciated.

Amp is Alpine 650
Subwoofers alpine 10" type S
Screen is pioneer avhp4400
Box is made by bassworx

Thanks guys
Old 07-13-2013, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check your rca's and speaker wire, also if you box has the terminal connection on the outside, the wires connecting the sub on the inside could have vibrated off.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:13 PM
Project White Fang

Received 262 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by MVRK
check your rca's and speaker wire, also if you box has the terminal connection on the outside, the wires connecting the sub on the inside could have vibrated off.
Tried that thanks man but I got it all going now.

Subs were blown & had to replace them. Turns out everytime they hit hard it would hit a bolt on the floor. Put a piece of wood on the sub box corners to lift it up higher. Pictures show the wood and how I mounted my amp instead of having it on the floor like before. Painted the wood black after so it didn't stand out.
Attached Thumbnails Help!-image-2899156484.jpg   Help!-image-1866783277.jpg   Help!-image-506658388.jpg