Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Help with 2013 f150 Sony Nav installing subs

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 05:24 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Help with 2013 f150 Sony Nav installing subs

Guys im looking to throwing some subs in my 2013 f150 . Its got the factory sony upgraded system with subwoofer and nav. Im debating on what i will be happy with because I dont want to install it and have it sounding like crap.
I have been looking at the LC2i so I can run my amp to the subs, but also Kicker makes something like this, MTX REQ-5, JL audio, Audison Bit 10, and JBL all make these OEM bass restore mods.

Im really confused. I want to keep the factory nav and sync. I have heard there is not adapter for the wiring harness :-( so I may have to chop.

What im looking to do is improve the upgraded kicker 5x7's i have in the doors because now the bass is rolling off after about half volume.

I really want some bass in the truck, but at the same time if the high and mids cant compete i know im not going to be happy.

Anyone else have this delima, what did you do? processor/LCI/5 channel amp?
Old 08-31-2014, 09:10 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by 13TuxEco
Guys im looking to throwing some subs in my 2013 f150 . Its got the factory sony upgraded system with subwoofer and nav. Im debating on what i will be happy with because I dont want to install it and have it sounding like crap.
I have been looking at the LC2i so I can run my amp to the subs, but also Kicker makes something like this, MTX REQ-5, JL audio, Audison Bit 10, and JBL all make these OEM bass restore mods.

Im really confused. I want to keep the factory nav and sync. I have heard there is not adapter for the wiring harness :-( so I may have to chop.

What im looking to do is improve the upgraded kicker 5x7's i have in the doors because now the bass is rolling off after about half volume.

I really want some bass in the truck, but at the same time if the high and mids cant compete i know im not going to be happy.

Anyone else have this delima, what did you do? processor/LCI/5 channel amp?
You will have to chop to add an amp and processor. Why not try adding a different sub amp and sub first? You can do that by tapping the factory wires at the Sony sub and running them to the new sub amp.
The following users liked this post:
13TuxEco (09-01-2014)
Old 09-01-2014, 08:02 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
You will have to chop to add an amp and processor. Why not try adding a different sub amp and sub first? You can do that by tapping the factory wires at the Sony sub and running them to the new sub amp.
i agree a LOC will be the easiest way. i just hate to install it and not be happy and have to spend more money to change it.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:38 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by 13TuxEco
i agree a LOC will be the easiest way. i just hate to install it and not be happy and have to spend more money to change it.
Well if you don't like it the only thing you will be out is a $20 LOC. You can use the rest with your other install.

Quick Reply: Help with 2013 f150 Sony Nav installing subs