Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

head unit HELP PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 10:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default head unit HELP PLEASE!

So i've been looking all over the place and I can't seem to find an answer. I have a 2013 F150 xlt and Im putting in a sub. From what i've researched, I need an adapter for my RCA cables to the back of my head unit. Everyone is saying to get PAC AOEM-FRD24 , BUT my question is, Will it work with a 2013 head unit? I really don't want to cut or splice any of the factory wires. its the 4 inch non touch screen unit. Thanks!
Old 06-10-2014, 11:40 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by vinnyd
So i've been looking all over the place and I can't seem to find an answer. I have a 2013 F150 xlt and Im putting in a sub. From what i've researched, I need an adapter for my RCA cables to the back of my head unit. Everyone is saying to get PAC AOEM-FRD24 , BUT my question is, Will it work with a 2013 head unit? I really don't want to cut or splice any of the factory wires. its the 4 inch non touch screen unit. Thanks!
It will not work with your HU
Old 06-10-2014, 03:11 PM

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

You need either a Line Out Converter or some sort of sound processor like a JL Cleansweep or AudioControl LC6 to convert you speaker output to rca. Some amps will have a high level input for speaker wires but I've never been happy with the sound quality by doing this.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the easiest thing to do would be to splice a Line Out Converter from your rear speaker wire. you can pull the shielding back on the wire without cutting it, and splice like that, but make sure you have a good connection, or you could get excess noise from your amp.

Quick Reply: head unit HELP PLEASE!