Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

HD Radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 01:32 AM
I Voted For Bill and Opus

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default HD Radio

I have just about decided the new radio for my truck is going to be a Pioneer. It will have a USB port, auxiliary port, it will, of course, sport a CD player which will get little if any use. what I am wondering about is HD radio. Some of the stations in my area, Cheyenne, Wyoming, broadcast in this mode. What I am wondering is if it is worth spending the extra 50 bucks or so to get a tuner for it. My first thoughts are to not waste the money.

As for Satellite radio I really don't want to do anything in this area until we all find out what is going to happen in the proposed merger between Sirius and XM radio. One thing that tempers my thoughts about satellite radio is the fact I have a couple of terabytes of music on the hard drives of my PC. I can go for well over a year and a half playing 24/7 before I get around to where I started. Musical content is something I really do not need to pay for.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Morning transmaster,

why would I want to pay for the music that I already have in my house? I have burnt a couple of CD's of music that I like. They just sit in the truck. Each burnt CD holds about 4 to 5 hours of music.

I am getting older now and I just don't drive more than a few hours at a time, before The Mrs states she has to pee and wants me to find a gas station. She also says that the dog has to pee as well. Yea, right...

I think the burnt CD cost me $0.35 with no monthly fee there after.

I know what music I like. It certainly isn't the bee-bop-hip-hop-what-his-snot music that my step son listens to now. $0.50 ain't getting my bling bling.

I don't cater much to country music either. Yes, I wear a cowboy hat at time, but it is because is has a large brim and keeps the sun off my eyes and the sun off my neck at the same time. When I wear my ball cap, I saved the instructions and I KNOW FOR FACT that the hat is meant to be worn with the bill over your eyes, not over one ear, or turned backwards.

I guess country music has 34% of it's music that deals with ex's, divorce and hurting. Rap, has 78% of it's music devoted to gun violence, sex and drugs. No wonder I don't like it.

I know what my father went thru now when I discovered Rock & Roll.

I don't own a terra-watt stereo in my truck or in my house. I don't feel the need to share my crap assed taste in music with my neighbors six blocks down the road.

Yes, I am quite happy with the stereo that came with my truck.

Imagine that...

Mitch
Old 08-19-2010, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Satellite v HD Radio

I had an interesting experience with this. I found out that my HD radio actually sounded better than the satellite radio. It was louder because the signal is stronger than the satellite.

http://hdradionow.com
http://hdradionow.com/HDRadio/HD-Car... Now-Im-Rollin
Old 08-19-2010, 01:43 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Wow solid thread dig.

Quick Reply: HD Radio