Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Having a weird issue w/Sync 3 and new phone...

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having a weird issue w/Sync 3 and new phone...

So I got me one of the new Droid Force Z phones from Verizon. Love the phone so far...but having some bizarre issues with Sync 3.

First day with the phone I paired it and all things work phone wise.

Second day, I still hadnt had time to put any music on it but I did download Spotify. The Ford Apps thing took over and I was able to work Spotify from the actual head unit itself. I thought this was awesome.

Then day 3 comes along...I finally had time to put some of my Itunes on their using an app called iSynr. Works great on the phone by itself. Problem was when I got in the truck. I put the source on bluetooth and it played the first song on my playlist. Then I forwarded to the next song and...it started playing Spotify. Weird...so I close spotify on the phone and....the truck opened it back up. Not only that, but the actual title screen on the trucks screen is showing only Spotify stuff now...will not show the music that is actually playing, nor can I control it with the steering wheel controls or screen. Only with the phone...which it is actually streaming.

So then I DELETE Spotify altogether...and it tries to open Pandora...WTF????

Now I've had it and I decide to disable the apps...now its playing the media from the phone...but still shows a locked spotify screen.

Had anyone experienced anything like this? I had no issues with the unit with my iPhone...but the app thing didnt even work for that anyways so it may have been a blessing in disguise.

Any help is appreciated and sorry this was so long.

Quick Reply: Having a weird issue w/Sync 3 and new phone...