Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Has anyone put W3 10's in a ext cab

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 01:03 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Has anyone put W3 10's in a ext cab

I have 2 JL W3 10's I want to put under my rear seat. I'm wondering has anyone done this and how did you get them to fit. I need the back seat functional. I placed one sub under the seat and it pretty much has no room for the box. Even if I could get one under the drivers side that would be alright also I don't need alot of bass just a little more than factory.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of my cars had 2 JL10w6's in it with 2 500/ series amps. When I bought my truck, I was concerned that I would not be able to get the sound that I wanted because of the lack of space to build a system. After a lot of research and thought, I finally broke down and bought the JL stealthbox that is made for the truck. It came loaded with a 10w3 and fits nicely under the rear seat. It is very pricey, but I could not be happier with the sound. There is definately something to be said about a well made enclosure. I know there are some other companies as well that make a box that will fit, but I am a big fan of the JL product line. Also, since you already have your sub, you will just need the enclosure.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:25 PM

My enclosures are designed for the JL 10w3's. Check them out http://www.foxacoustics.com/ProductD...de=F150-210-04. There are some reviews on there from some members on this forum.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Nysledge
One of my cars had 2 JL10w6's in it with 2 500/ series amps. When I bought my truck, I was concerned that I would not be able to get the sound that I wanted because of the lack of space to build a system. After a lot of research and thought, I finally broke down and bought the JL stealthbox that is made for the truck. It came loaded with a 10w3 and fits nicely under the rear seat. It is very pricey, but I could not be happier with the sound. There is definately something to be said about a well made enclosure. I know there are some other companies as well that make a box that will fit, but I am a big fan of the JL product line. Also, since you already have your sub, you will just need the enclosure.
Originally Posted by joefox
My enclosures are designed for the JL 10w3's. Check them out http://www.foxacoustics.com/ProductD...de=F150-210-04. There are some reviews on there from some members on this forum.
Thank you both.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:07 AM
AcrophobiA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I currently have 2 old 12" MTX 6000 subs i've had forever but picked up a single 10" W3V3-8 and plan to pick up 3 more and run a large sealed enclosure and removing my bench.. I've always been a big fan of the w3 series for the price & sound quality out of those woofers!
Old 01-17-2010, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by XxXxCJxXxX
I currently have 2 old 12" MTX 6000 subs I've had forever but picked up a single 10" W3V3-8 and plan to pick up 3 more and run a large sealed enclosure and removing my bench.. I've always been a big fan of the w3 series for the price & sound quality out of those woofers!
That's a lot more than a country boy like me needs or wants I'm thinking about buy the 1 speaker enclosure from the fox above. Main thing is really what a decide to do for an amp and how much I really want to spend on the amp, the enclosure is only 30 dollars difference and I could put the jack in my tool box but not really sure I want to do that either.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:12 PM
AcrophobiA

i listen to mostly country as well surprisingly.. girlfriend is all into hard rock i plan to build it more for show and 4 10w3v3-8's would run nicely on a 1000/1 wired down to 2ohm.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by XxXxCJxXxX
i listen to mostly country as well surprisingly.. girlfriend is all into hard rock i plan to build it more for show and 4 10w3v3-8's would run nicely on a 1000/1 wired down to 2ohm.
Thanks for the help
Old 01-18-2010, 12:51 AM
Mitch

Originally Posted by SmokeStack
I have 2 JL W3 10's I want to put under my rear seat. I'm wondering has anyone done this and how did you get them to fit. I need the back seat functional. I placed one sub under the seat and it pretty much has no room for the box. Even if I could get one under the drivers side that would be alright also I don't need alot of bass just a little more than factory.
I put a JL 10W3 in Joe Fox's single sub box in an '06 SCrew. I mostly listen to rock with some country/pop mixed in when the wife's in the truck. That 10W3 covers a very broad spectrum of music. You won't be dissapointed with 1 or 2 W3's in that foxbox. No seat lift either, which is nice. I have everything tucked away so it looks all stock, but you should see people's faces when I crank that thing up.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:09 AM

If you go with one sub use the JL 250/1 or a JL 500/1 for 2 subs.

Quick Reply: Has anyone put W3 10's in a ext cab