Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

FX Dash Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 02:55 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default FX Dash Kit

So been looking at HU for '10 FX2
Anybody had any luck with finding a dash kit that's similar to FX stock? I've found the kits on metra and scosche but they are matte black and would totally throw off an fx interior. Or has anybody modified the dash themselves?
Old 03-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Nsfx4

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FiveOhFuzzF150
So been looking at HU for '10 FX2
Anybody had any luck with finding a dash kit that's similar to FX stock? I've found the kits on metra and scosche but they are matte black and would totally throw off an fx interior. Or has anybody modified the dash themselves?
They are all matte black, I wish they had the FX look!
Old 03-13-2012, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by NSFX4

They are all matte black, I wish they had the FX look!
Does tasca carry the fx nav dash?
Old 03-13-2012, 07:58 PM
Nsfx4

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Does tasca carry the fx nav dash?
Don't know that? Sorry
Look up tasca.com
Old 03-13-2012, 09:32 PM

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Follow this link to see what I did on mine. The 3M material comes many different finishes.

https://www.f150forum.com/f30/new-hu...l-wrap-140971/
Old 03-13-2012, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by troutspinner
Follow this link to see what I did on mine. The 3M material comes many different finishes.

https://www.f150forum.com/f30/new-hu...l-wrap-140971/
That's pretty sweet trout. If I do this I might hafta do my shifter too so it will match.

Tasca didn't know off hand and had to send a pic of what I wanted. Guess I'll let y'all know when I do. I'm guessing the ford nav unit is about double din size?
Old 03-14-2012, 10:46 AM

apparently you can modify the existing bezel, which will be the route i'll be going. gonna have to drop some money on a dremel but hey could always use another power tool

Old 03-14-2012, 07:48 PM

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

apparently you can modify the existing bezel, which will be the route i'll be going. gonna have to drop some money on a dremel but hey could always use another power tool
You might want to consider picking up another bezel in case you ever decide to trade or sell your truck. Unless of course you don't mind giving up the HU.

Another route would be to have the aftermarket bezel in dipped. Similar to how you see guns in Camo. The sky is the limit for patterns and colors. I considered this method myself but my 3M came out so good that I won't look back.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:12 PM

You might want to consider picking up another bezel in case you ever decide to trade or sell your truck. Unless of course you don't mind giving up the HU.

Another route would be to have the aftermarket bezel in dipped. Similar to how you see guns in Camo. The sky is the limit for patterns and colors. I considered this method myself but my 3M came out so good that I won't look back.
God willing... Keepin this thing til the wheels fall off. Trying to save up for house now.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:50 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

I would buy another bezel also. $25 is a lot cheaper than a factory one if you ever want to put the old radio back in. Plus a lot less work!

Quick Reply: FX Dash Kit