Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Future system build

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 09:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Future system build

I am already running Rockford fosgate prime series 5x8's in all 4 doors in my supercab, I have 2 Rockford p110's under the back seat downfiring. It sounds a lot better than stock but its the same system I have been listening to for over a year and I'm tired of it (only had this truck about a month but everything came from my 08 f250)
I'm not ready to spend the money to replace everything now but I want to start looking at what I could do to improve over what I already have. So what kind of recommendations do y'all have for me?
Old 10-29-2012, 11:17 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by baddkarmaracing
I am already running Rockford fosgate prime series 5x8's in all 4 doors in my supercab, I have 2 Rockford p110's under the back seat downfiring. It sounds a lot better than stock but its the same system I have been listening to for over a year and I'm tired of it (only had this truck about a month but everything came from my 08 f250)
I'm not ready to spend the money to replace everything now but I want to start looking at what I could do to improve over what I already have. So what kind of recommendations do y'all have for me?
A new head unit
Old 10-29-2012, 11:00 PM

Sorry I don't put that in there but I'm already using a Jvc head unit. It's an older double din unit but still pretty nice. But I am looking to upgrade it also just not sure with what
Old 10-29-2012, 11:04 PM

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

2 more fosgate p1's??? A couple of 6x9's for some mids?? Tweeters?? Speaker on the dashboard?? Just a few things to name man, there's a lot you can do!!
Old 10-30-2012, 07:22 AM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

4 Channel amp for your current RF speakers instead of running off the deck. Then after time upgrade your subs/amp if you want to. Id imagine two 10s would be enough though.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:24 PM

I have the amp for the doors it's just not hooked up to them, honestly the head unit doesn't sound any worse than the amp does. I think I want to change things up and go to some different door speakers maybe a different brand of sub/Amps.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:05 PM

You said you didn't want to replace everything due to finances, but you want to replace everything

Spend the bulk of your money on the front stage and amp. The rears don't matter nearly as much and I would just use your current RF 5x7s running off your deck. Then buy whatever sub/amp you can afford.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:35 AM

What I meant is right now. I do want to replace the whole setup just not immediately maybe a few months down the roa but I want an idea of what I'm going to spend, and what to buy.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:26 PM

What is your budget, kind of important to know when people are making suggestions.

Spend the most on the front stage, buy some 6.5" components. Run it off an amp of your choosing. Keep your RF 5x7s for the rear and run them off the deck. Then buy whatever sub/amp combo you can afford when you are done. Buy a quality deck so you get good quality signal out.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:24 AM

Don't have much of a budget just gonna take me longer to save the money the more expensive it gets lol but at the same time I won't spend stupid money on stuff. I don't want my system to cost more than the truck did lol

Quick Reply: Future system build