Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Front Door Speakers in, Thinking about sub upgrade, thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 11:05 PM

Received 117 Likes on 80 Posts

Default Front Door Speakers in, Thinking about sub upgrade, thoughts?

Spent this past Friday night installing my door speakers, so far vast improvement. Rear speakers will be next, but I have my sights set on getting rid of the Sony Sub and replacing it with something a little better quality/design/stealth.

for the door speakers, I went with the Infinity 6829CF, attached are a few install pics.

But, reason for my thread is to discuss subwoofer location options. I'd really like to utilize the space behind the rear seats and measuring it looks like the follow enclosures might fit the bill.

My goal is to get a little more low end than what the sony sub offers. I had a JL Audio Stealthbox in my previous explorer and seriously miss it's thump.

I'm hoping all you audio experts out here can steer me in a positive direction

Here are a few sub/boxes I'm looking at, thoughts?
Amazon.com: Rockford Fosgate R2S-1X10 Prime R2S Single 10-Inch Shallow Loaded Enclosure: Car Electronics Amazon.com: Rockford Fosgate R2S-1X10 Prime R2S Single 10-Inch Shallow Loaded Enclosure: Car Electronics

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...?itemid=229186

Amazon.com: Power Acoustik THIN-10BX Thin 10-Inch Wooferbox and Speaker: Car Electronics Amazon.com: Power Acoustik THIN-10BX Thin 10-Inch Wooferbox and Speaker: Car Electronics

http://www.sears.com/pioneer-ud-sw10...2&blockType=G2

I know the sound ordnance 8inch is a popular choice here, but I'm concerned that the reviews stating the lack of low end will not meet my needs. I'm hoping the boxes above and the larger subs will give that thump I'm missing

thanks for looking!
Attached Thumbnails Front Door Speakers in, Thinking about sub upgrade, thoughts?-dscf4568.jpg   Front Door Speakers in, Thinking about sub upgrade, thoughts?-dscf4577.jpg   Front Door Speakers in, Thinking about sub upgrade, thoughts?-dscf4578.jpg   Front Door Speakers in, Thinking about sub upgrade, thoughts?-dscf4579.jpg  
Old 07-01-2013, 11:41 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Looks like the Rockford would be a good choice if it will fit
Old 07-01-2013, 12:58 PM

Received 117 Likes on 80 Posts

That's what I'm thinking as well. I like the specs on the Rockford as well. I'm thinking of mocking up an enclosure to the dimensions they have listed and playing around with the fit.

Quick Reply: Front Door Speakers in, Thinking about sub upgrade, thoughts?