Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Fox Box Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fox Box Question

I have heard so many good reviews on the this box, but I haven't heard anything about the single 10" Fox Box. Is it just as good as the 2-10" box? I Was planning on putting 1 JL 10w3v3-3 in the single box.

One more question...
Today I went to a local audio shop and they said that sub wouldnt fit in any box for my truck and I knew it would in that box and so I went looked around for another sub and came upon this one...http://www.crutchfield.com/p_2067C10...02.html?tp=111...

Which one shoud I get?

Thanks
Old 12-05-2009, 11:21 PM
Mitch

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely go with the Foxbox and JL10w3. I just installed a single JL 10w3v3-2 in a Foxbox about 2 weeks ago in an '06 SCrew. I have it running on a cheap Fusion 900 watt amp and there is some clean hard hitting bass. It won't shake the neighbors windows, but it sounds great inside the truck. There may be something better out there, but I'd be hard pressed to know what that may be. I noticed you have the 3 ohm version of the 10w3 in your post. If your amp will handle a 2 ohm load, you should probably go with the 2 ohm sub. It will be a little louder than the 3 ohm. Regardless... You will be very happy with the Foxbox and JL 10w3 combination. Hope this helps you decide.

Also... I purchased my sub on eBay. I know there is a risk involved with doing this because you will not get the manufacturer 1 year warranty. My son and I have both purchased audio equipment and so far no problems. I bought from dimensionaudio and my son from audiosavings eBay sellers. Just make sure you get the 500 watt rms sub. If it's the 300 watt version, that means it is a 10w3v2, which is an older model sub. My son made a mistake when he purchased his HU, and audiosavings accepted his return and credited him the full amount so he could buy the correct HU. Not even a restocking fee. I saved $100 on the price of my sub by buying on eBay. Like I said... There is always a risk involved by buying from a non-authorized retailer, but in both our cases, we're very satisfied.

Last edited by wmitch927; 12-06-2009 at 01:01 AM.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:54 PM

go with the jl i have 2 jl10w0s in my super crew and 1 jl10w3 in my single cab and the 10w3 out beats the 2 10wo's any day of the week
Old 12-08-2009, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by wmitch927
Definitely go with the Foxbox and JL10w3. I just installed a single JL 10w3v3-2 in a Foxbox about 2 weeks ago in an '06 SCrew. I have it running on a cheap Fusion 900 watt amp and there is some clean hard hitting bass. It won't shake the neighbors windows, but it sounds great inside the truck. There may be something better out there, but I'd be hard pressed to know what that may be. I noticed you have the 3 ohm version of the 10w3 in your post. If your amp will handle a 2 ohm load, you should probably go with the 2 ohm sub. It will be a little louder than the 3 ohm. Regardless... You will be very happy with the Foxbox and JL 10w3 combination. Hope this helps you decide.

Also... I purchased my sub on eBay. I know there is a risk involved with doing this because you will not get the manufacturer 1 year warranty. My son and I have both purchased audio equipment and so far no problems. I bought from dimensionaudio and my son from audiosavings eBay sellers. Just make sure you get the 500 watt rms sub. If it's the 300 watt version, that means it is a 10w3v2, which is an older model sub. My son made a mistake when he purchased his HU, and audiosavings accepted his return and credited him the full amount so he could buy the correct HU. Not even a restocking fee. I saved $100 on the price of my sub by buying on eBay. Like I said... There is always a risk involved by buying from a non-authorized retailer, but in both our cases, we're very satisfied.
Thanks, I decided to go with the 10w3v3-2. I meant to say 10w3v3 2 instead of 10w3v3 3.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:43 PM

Who did you go to......Ricky Smith's?
Old 01-05-2010, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by joefox
Who did you go to......Ricky Smith's?
Yea, why?
Old 01-06-2010, 08:32 AM

I noticed that you were from Lafayette and they are the main game in that town. Right now I make weekly deliveries to New Orleans, Baton Rouge and other cities between but in the next month or two I will start going out to Lafayette also. Ricky Smith has called me before so he'll have my products pretty soon.

Trending Topics

Old 01-06-2010, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by joefox
I noticed that you were from Lafayette and they are the main game in that town. Right now I make weekly deliveries to New Orleans, Baton Rouge and other cities between but in the next month or two I will start going out to Lafayette also. Ricky Smith has called me before so he'll have my products pretty soon.
Oh ok, well I ordered a fox box Dec. 17 and never got any tracking info or anything, just got the order confermation and I sent you an email but you never replied. So I was wondering if I could get some info?

Quick Reply: Fox Box Question