Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Fix-82 and 2010 w/Sony 700w

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 08:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fix-82 and 2010 w/Sony 700w

Guys that have been there-I want to make sure I do this right. I want to install the Fix-82 and the Alpine 455u amp. Here is what I think I need to do but also have a few questions. Bear with me if this is long winded..
I think I will need to splice in to the speaker wires AFTER the Sony amp under the console to feed the Fix-82. Fix ppwk says to use input 1 and 2 for midrange so I assume I want 1 &2 to go to the front doors.
Q1- What do I do with the pillar speakers? Do I hook them to the Fix 3&4 or tie in with the doors? Right now pillar speakers are stock but front doors are not.
Depending on Q1, I would use either 3&4 or 5&6 for the rear door speakers.

I was going to leave the Fix sub part empty but the ppwk says you really need to hook it up if you want the Fix to sum correctly. In the 2010, the sub amp is mounted on the sub its self.
Q2- Would I need to splice in to the sub after the amp also or would it matter? I would assume after but I don't know if the sound is already Sony filtered coming to the amp of if it is filtered in the sub amp.
Wildcard- I had a Kicker Hideaway lying around so I hooked it in with the factory sub. Sounds much better.
Q3- I could just unplug the factory sub and run it but if I do, would I or would I not want to go through the Fix sub output?

The 455u sounds cut and dried, but it isn't (for me..) The 455u has 2 channel inputs so I would RCA from the Fix in to it and let it split the signal.
Q4- Now what do I do with the pillar speakers?..or do I leave them totally out of the equation and let the factory run them and the center? It would make life easier but will there be a summing issue?

One more question..Is it save to assume the middle (gray) plug on the Sony amp is the speaker feed coming out of the amp so that is where I splice?

Sorry for the rambling. I guess I could always just take it somewhere and say 'do this' and try not to let them talk me in to doing something different.. ;-)
Old 05-19-2016, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I spoke to JL Audio and they explained how to hook the Fix to my system. My only questions now are in regards to amping it.

Quick Reply: Fix-82 and 2010 w/Sony 700w