Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

First time system install

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 12:57 PM
Nor-Cal

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts

Default First time system install

So im ready to the the sound system for my truck, i dont want anything to crazy. I already have an eclipse navigation system for a head unit but stock speakers. I wanna do subs probably 2 10's, i listen to country rock and some rap when im out with friends so i dont need this thing to slap to hard, i just want to have some bump when i want it. I found this, but i cant tell if its for under the seat or behind it. My question is though what should i use for an amp, a 2channel wired to each sub, or should i go with a 4 and wire in the speakers too?

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu..._NF150210.aspx
Old 08-14-2011, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly it depends on the watts on the head unit. I would just go with a 2 channel and just power the subs if it was me. Your head unit can push the doors just fine as long as its about 40-50+ watts each channel.

Although at the end of the day you will end up replacing your stock speakers. Getting something even cheap with dual tweets/mids will make a BIG difference.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That goes under your seat. See the cut in the box that space is for the supports between the long back seat and the tiny seat. (its all one long seat but its cut into two pieces) You will have to raise you back seat to fit this under it.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

So what you're saying is,, you dont want to do this?
Old 08-17-2011, 01:53 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Can you tell us the kind of music you listen to, and what you like? Do you like bass or treble more? Do you want earth shattering noise, or nice tight bass with clean highs?

Quick Reply: First time system install