Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Finished my install

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 09:35 PM
New F-150 Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finished my install

Finally finished the install of an amp and speakers into the factory headunit of my 2010 Screw. I used the rockford fosgate 3sixty.1 as my integration device, Focal 570ca1 speakers in all 4 doors, and amped them with a JL J2 320.4 to provide 60 watts to each speaker, here is a pic of all the equipment:

For installing, i wanted to install the amp and the 3sixty mounted behind the seat, for the longest time I was trying to figure out how to remove the seats on my 2010 and read threads about unbolting it from the floor and all kinds of things, until i finally found it is not needed. You can just easily fold the seats down, as the back portion has a latch with a little pin you can release to fold them down, here is a thread that describes it, i just used my hand to push the pin upwards to get it to release, found it very simple:

https://www.f150forum.com/f38/back-s...percrew-29966/

Once I had that done, I also had to figure out how to remove the door panels, which the best directions i found were these, and following them is quite easy:

Fronts:
1. Remove 2 small screws at bottom of the door panel (6mm)
2. Remove small black cover from inset for door handle (pry it out carefully with a small flat head screw driver or panel removal tool) and remove bolt behind it (8mm)
3. Pop window/door lock control panel out with the same flat head screw driver and disconnect all connectors. Remove small screw from behind it (6mm)
4. Lift straight up on door panel and then tilt toward you.
5. Disconnect mirror control connector.
6. Squeeze two tabs on the door latch assembly and it can be removed along with the cable. DONE.

Rears: (SuperCrew)
1. Remove 2 screws at bottom of door panel. (6mm)
2. Pop the cover off the top of the door (behind the door window). And remove screw behind it. (6mm)
3. Remove small black cover from inset for door handle (pry it out carefully with a small flat head screw driver or panel removal tool) and remove bolt behind it (8mm)
4. Pop window control panel out with the same flat head screw driver and disconnect all connectors.
5. Lift straight up on door panel and then tilt toward you.
6. Squeeze two tabs on the door latch assembly and it can be removed along with the cable. DONE.

copied from -hxxp://www.fordf150.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=71819

Then, i tapped into all the wires, for the fronts, i was able to find the wires under the kick panels on both sides, before they enter into the tube that takes the wires into the door, for the rears, i tapped into them in the b-pillars of the front doors, very easy to find, one thing i found that was nice, each set of factory speaker wires are twisted together, as there are a couple wires that are teh same colors that go to other things...here is a listing of all the colors and locations:

LF
+ white
- white brown

RF
+ white violet
- white orange

LR
+ white green
- brown yellow

RR
+ brown white
- brown blue

After getting all my wires ran, i then installed all the equipment onto a piece of 3/4" MDF and mounted that to the back wall, their are some raised areas you can screw right into with metal tapping screws...I left some extra space for my other amp once i get in my sub and get my box built. The power wire still hasn't been tied down or anything as I will be installing a distribution block somewhere and am not positive yet. Anyways, here is what i have so far:

Thanks for all the help from everyone on getting everything figured out, it went pretty smoothly, though it did take me a while, and after getting the 3sixty run through OEM integration and it balancing out the stock stereo and using it EQ a little myself, it sounds fantastic. Can't wait until i get my sub installed and can turn on the crossovers on my amp and filter out the low frequencies from my door speakers and really turn them up, they don't perform the greatest on low bass, had to turn the 40hz slider on the 3sixty way down, but will be filtering all low bass out when i get my sub in

Let me know what you think.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sweet dude
Old 03-22-2010, 12:43 AM

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Man thats awesome. I am wanting to do this so i want to clearly understand something. So did you run your speaker wire that comes from the head unit to the 360 and then RCA's to the Amp and then speaker wires from the amp to the speakers. Also will you have to continously adjust the 360 , or is she good to go?
Old 03-22-2010, 01:17 AM

One more question I just thought of, how did you snake the new speaker wire into the doors, the rubber wiring loom tube from the body into the doors is tighter than you know what?
Old 03-22-2010, 02:37 AM
Sideways :-)

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

looks clean, used that same rockford wiring ive got in my truck
Old 03-22-2010, 10:23 AM
Let the Fun Begin

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

Nicely done! Cant wait to see the addition of a sub!
Old 03-22-2010, 04:27 PM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 98blue54
its not rockford wire

looks great man, i knew you would be happy with it
Old 03-22-2010, 08:16 PM
New F-150 Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
Man thats awesome. I am wanting to do this so i want to clearly understand something. So did you run your speaker wire that comes from the head unit to the 360 and then RCA's to the Amp and then speaker wires from the amp to the speakers. Also will you have to continously adjust the 360 , or is she good to go?
I didn't run any wire to the doors. I tapped into the front speaker wires before they went into the door, they are bundled under the front kick panels on both sides, I cut the wire, and got the end coming from the stereo, soldered on my speaker wire, and ran that to the back as input into the 3sixty. I tapped into the speaker wires for the rear doors at the bottom of the front door b-pillars, and gave them the same treatement. After this, i ran the RCA cables from the 3sixty outputs to the inputs on the amp. Out of the amp i ran speaker wire back to the place where i cut the wires, soldered them in, and they go into the doorways on their own. So i used the original wire in the truck to run to the speakers, so i didn't run anything through the looms myself. I wired everything and got it all ready before i even put the amp/3sixty into the truck, had all wires waiting and labeled, made it easy to set the hardware up once all the wires were in place.

As far as set and forget on the 3sixty, you could, you login to it to do the integration, it comes with the instructions and disc, then you can do some equalization with it as well, which im sure i will play with here and there...

Originally Posted by 98blue54
the speaker wire is from knukonceptz.com, not rockford wire, very good price, and with the help of a coax stripper to remove outer jacket and standard stripper to strip the wires, was very easy to work with.

Thanks for all the complements. I may replace the RCAs running out of the 3sixty with some shorter ones, to remove that loop, and the power wire will be cleaned up once i get the distribution block and the amp for the sub...

Last edited by compCoder; 03-22-2010 at 08:19 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:09 PM

Thanks for the details, I was worried as to whether or not the sound would be detereorated by running from the amp into the speakers with the thin gauge factory wires they come with. Guess it doesn't matter.

One more question....how hard was it to yank out the rear seat to mount your equipment on the rear wall? Thats my next step.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:11 PM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the seats are super easy to get out..there is even a few threads on the site about it, search it up

Quick Reply: Finished my install