Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Finally got a little bump

Old 08-06-2010, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Finally got a little bump

After not having a system in for a few months I finally got around to getting stuff bought and installed. Now I know it isn't the best as this was budget build like most people these days but I think it sounds pretty good. I will get some pictures of everything once I get some days off but for now here is a list of what I got:

Pioneer HU - AVH-P4200 - I actually have had this for a few months now.

4 Infinity 682.9CF speakers - Rated at 100 RMS and 94 DB - $160 total Ebay

2 10" Pioneer TS-W258D2 subs - Rated at 350 RMS and 90 DB - Picked up from a local shop for $150 total. They gave me a free ground shaker box also since they special ordered it for someone to do an install and they backed out. I didn't think I would like the box since it is upfiring and wanted a downfiring but it isnt too bad, especially since it was free.

Lanzar Vibe 258 Amp - It is an older amp that I have had for a while. I was going to upgrade but looking at the specs it handeled these subs pretty well. It's wired down to 2 OHMS at 650 RMS x2. I will upgrade if something hppens to this one.

Wire - The power and ground wire are all 4 gauge wire that was given to me for free from the same stereo shop that sold me the subs. All the other speaker wire I had laying around the garage.

So unless I am missing everything I believe that is it. Did the whole install for about $310.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:51 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Damn, that's a hell of a Stereo Shop, buy two subs, get a free box and amp kit.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:34 AM

It's the only stereo shop in this little town too. Thankfully enough I know the owner so I was able to get that stuff for free because I know it would have tacked on another $200 or so. So for the money I spent I am very happy with it.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:37 AM

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

You get a good deal, enjoy your new system.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Truckin' again

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any pics yet?
Old 12-08-2010, 01:33 AM

Sorry I do not have any pictures yet. Unfortunately I have been out of the game so to speak for the last 2 months. I got hit by a car early in the morning one day when I was on a jog. So I have spending the last couple of months in the hospital and doing rehab. I will get it though. Just taking me a little longer.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:09 AM
Truckin' again

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dang - sorry to hear that. Hope you are back to 100% soon. Looking forward to the pics. I just got my stereo installed this week also - FINALLY. I have had the truck a year but had to get sign off from the wife. Basically I just put stuff from "old" truck into this one - Alpine Receiver, Alpine SPS-507's in the doors, JL Audio 10" box made for a 1997 Chevy (fits perfect under my seat) and a couple of Mcintosh amps - so I am kicking again. It's been way tooo long since I've seen the mirrors rattle.. Again - good luck getting better...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Finally got a little bump