Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Fiberglass

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 10:28 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Have any of yall put fiberglass on yalls sub box but not for the custom edges and build just on a flat long piece. And if so what did yall use like everything because I have never fibreglassed before.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:19 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

ive done a few fiberglass sub boxes before and it was much easier than I thought it would be, I actually dreaded trying.

Use fiberglass matte (much more porous and absorbs resin better than fabric) for the base layer then use fiberglass fabric for additional layers. Make sure you do not use to much hardener in the resin as it will crystalize and become useless. Also make in small amounts as once you add the hardener you cannot reconstitute the resin to be used again.

Try find yourself a fiberglass roller or a small paint roller cage, its great to use when you need to get the bubbles out. Also a great tip when applying the fiberglass is to of course mask off the area but then either apply automotive wax or tin foil as this will allow you to remove the mold MUCH EASIER than if you just tape it off.

Quick Reply: Fiberglass