Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Factory stereo problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory stereo problem

I have an 08 with the Audiophile system and I'm getting a popping sound from the sub only while driving. I took the sub box out but left it plugged in and shook it and that wasnt it. has anyone heard of this or maybe give me an idea what to check next
Old 07-14-2010, 02:54 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by 08 FX2
I took the sub box out but left it plugged in and shook it and that wasnt it.
LOL

Sounds like either a loose ground, turn on, or constant power wire. Could be a nicked wire grounding out. Have you pulled out the head unit, driver's kick panel, driver's side door sills, or the sub box (other than to shake it) recently?
Old 07-14-2010, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was gonna pull the dash apart this weekend to see whats going on back there. I did notice it will pop every now and then when I turn it on and the volume is all the way down. its so random its strange it will only do it while driving and it can be a smooth road. I just bought the truck a month ago and really this is the only problem with it so I didnt say anything.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:11 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

I bet they switched the stock head unit back into the truck before selling then. The head is real easy to pull (just pop off the trim and it's held on by four screws), I'd guess a loose connection at the sub connector (the smallest of the 3 connectors, 8 pins).

Quick Reply: Factory stereo problem