Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Factory Radio Aux

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Radio Aux

Ok, I have an 05 F-150 with factory CD/Radio. There is no Aux input. All I want to do is listen to my iPhone in the truck. I've read so many things now that I have no idea what I should do. I want to make this work but I don't want to have to cut and splice all the wires on the back of my radio.
1- I can buy some PIE adapter, take my radio out install the PIE and some how I get the 3.5mm port????
2- I can buy (on ebay) a factory radio for my truck with an aux port built in it.
3- I buy the 07 tray with the aux port and then use the same PIE to hook it up??

ps I'm a picture kind of guy so if anyone could point me to a location where I can see photos of what I need to do.

Someone please help point me in the right direction.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:32 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Gman4018
Ok, I have an 05 F-150 with factory CD/Radio. There is no Aux input. All I want to do is listen to my iPhone in the truck. I've read so many things now that I have no idea what I should do. I want to make this work but I don't want to have to cut and splice all the wires on the back of my radio.
1- I can buy some PIE adapter, take my radio out install the PIE and some how I get the 3.5mm port????
2- I can buy (on ebay) a factory radio for my truck with an aux port built in it.
3- I buy the 07 tray with the aux port and then use the same PIE to hook it up??

ps I'm a picture kind of guy so if anyone could point me to a location where I can see photos of what I need to do.

Someone please help point me in the right direction.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Adapters don't always work. I would either get one with the port built in or for about the same price get a whole new radio with usb input for your iPod. They can be had for less than a $100 complete with dash and wiring kit. Check out Crutchfield for options.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:54 PM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

Id def go for a new radio with a usb input... You can get one with bluetooth for hands free calls as well on the cheap....
Old 10-20-2015, 07:32 PM
old member new account

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We install this part all the time and it always works and also sounds good
http://www.oemautosound.com/p-43-for...frd04-aux.aspx

Quick Reply: Factory Radio Aux