Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Factory aux line-in with aftermarket head unit

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 11:39 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Factory aux line-in with aftermarket head unit

Hey all..
Replacing the head unit on my 07 XLT Screw. Pioneer unit should come in tomorrow so I haven't pulled the old one out to look yet, but my question concerns the use of the original 3.5mm line-in that is located on top of the dash above the stereo. If I want to maintain the functionality of that particular 3.5mm jack, is it as simple as unplugging that connection behind the old stereo and plugging it into the new unit's rear aux input? I'm sure they're different looking connections just cause that's how the universe works, but sure hope it's that easy. I don't want to have to run a separate aux cable out from somewhere behind the unit if I can somehow make the stock plug-in functional again. Thanks for any input
Old 03-20-2015, 10:03 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Bglover
Hey all..
Replacing the head unit on my 07 XLT Screw. Pioneer unit should come in tomorrow so I haven't pulled the old one out to look yet, but my question concerns the use of the original 3.5mm line-in that is located on top of the dash above the stereo. If I want to maintain the functionality of that particular 3.5mm jack, is it as simple as unplugging that connection behind the old stereo and plugging it into the new unit's rear aux input? I'm sure they're different looking connections just cause that's how the universe works, but sure hope it's that easy. I don't want to have to run a separate aux cable out from somewhere behind the unit if I can somehow make the stock plug-in functional again. Thanks for any input
No adapter
Old 10-20-2015, 07:30 PM
old member new account

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is the adapter for the factory Ford aux port
http://www.oemautosound.com/p-551-fo...n-harness.aspx
The following users liked this post:
Wyo11Scab (10-21-2015)
Old 10-21-2015, 07:51 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by supra
This is the adapter for the factory Ford aux port