Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Factory Audiophile base with aftermarket Head Unit

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 09:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Factory Audiophile base with aftermarket Head Unit

Ok so I have upgraded my head unit and speakers to Pioneer, I like the setup but it lacks in base big time and if I use the speakers to get max base it cracks. So I can pick up a audiophile base and amp for the back seat for a decent price. I have the plug under the back seat but will it work with my head unit or am I SOL. Its only a Pioneer 1300 series so im not sure if it will work with the plug or if I can do some wiring and make it work. Fill me in
Old 02-07-2012, 10:30 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by screw04
Ok so I have upgraded my head unit and speakers to Pioneer, I like the setup but it lacks in base big time and if I use the speakers to get max base it cracks. So I can pick up a audiophile base and amp for the back seat for a decent price. I have the plug under the back seat but will it work with my head unit or am I SOL. Its only a Pioneer 1300 series so im not sure if it will work with the plug or if I can do some wiring and make it work. Fill me in
I read the owners manual and you have 2 preouts but they are not sub outs. I would put bass blockers on your existing speakers and use the 2 preouts to an amp with a crossover and then a sub. The audiophile sub might work if you have the correct wiring. You would have to adapt the pioneer wiring to the factory sub. Might be easier to get a different amp and sub. It would be better quality also.

Quick Reply: Factory Audiophile base with aftermarket Head Unit