Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Factory amp 2014 F150 Platinum

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory amp 2014 F150 Platinum

Hello all, I am new to this site but already reading a plethora of new information. My specific question is this. I am upgrading my factory sony system. I am replacing all the door speakers with RF Punch components, and adding 2 shallow mount subs. I am powering it all with a JL XD1000/5. I am retaining the factory HU so right now I am using an audiocontrol LCQ1. My plan is to tap into the speaker inputs before they go into the amp to feed the audiocontrol. RCAs will go into the amp, then the output will tie into the output of the factory amp, essentially bypassing the factory amp. I am using speed or 9 wire to accomplish this. I have everything installed, creating a remote by using a relay and a switched input from fuse 38. My question is, where is the factory amp located? Some say it is behind the 8" display, others say under the center console. Who can guide me in the right direction and maybe provide pictures too. I don't have an issue splicing into the factory wiring, just need to figure out where it is located, and maybe the color code as well. Thanks.
Old 10-02-2016, 11:41 PM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

Your Sony Amp, is Under your center Console! Dumb Spot, imo...

In the 15 & 16's, its on the sub, behind the rear seat.
Old 10-02-2016, 11:54 PM
One Clean Machine

Sony Amp, pic...
Attached Thumbnails Factory amp 2014 F150 Platinum-console_1.jpg  
Old 10-03-2016, 06:40 AM

Default Factory amp location

Thanks for the quick response. This is what I am look for. Now to figure out how to get the center console out.
Old 10-03-2016, 06:48 AM

Is this amp just for the sub or does it power all the speakers? I pulled the 8 inch display and it looks like a small amp attached to the back of the display.
Old 10-03-2016, 04:20 PM
One Clean Machine

Amp, powers all 8 speakers! Thats your apim, no amp.
Old 10-06-2016, 01:07 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Stlcardinals4ever
Hello all, I am new to this site but already reading a plethora of new information. My specific question is this. I am upgrading my factory sony system. I am replacing all the door speakers with RF Punch components, and adding 2 shallow mount subs. I am powering it all with a JL XD1000/5. I am retaining the factory HU so right now I am using an audiocontrol LCQ1. My plan is to tap into the speaker inputs before they go into the amp to feed the audiocontrol. RCAs will go into the amp, then the output will tie into the output of the factory amp, essentially bypassing the factory amp. I am using speed or 9 wire to accomplish this. I have everything installed, creating a remote by using a relay and a switched input from fuse 38. My question is, where is the factory amp located? Some say it is behind the 8" display, others say under the center console. Who can guide me in the right direction and maybe provide pictures too. I don't have an issue splicing into the factory wiring, just need to figure out where it is located, and maybe the color code as well. Thanks.
You can't bypass the factory amp because it converts digital signals from the SONY Hu to analog. You can do what you want to do after the factory amp by using the speaker outs into your processor/amp. Many threads on this. Do a search

Quick Reply: Factory amp 2014 F150 Platinum