Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Ford F150 Forums > Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation > Stereo/Audio
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-30-2014, 01:33 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default F150 stereo trouble

I recently purchased a aftermarket stereo to put in my 2006 f150 with factory sub and amp. I took my time and made sure everything was wired correctly and all but whenever I tried to start my truck it wouldn't even turnover. I put back in the factory stereo and it started right up. There was one harness that plugged into the factory but car toys didn't give me a harness to put in the new one. I was told it was either security or ignition. Any ideas?
Logan_wright71/ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:29 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Casper, WY.
Posts: 1,859
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 121 Times in 117 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan_wright71/ View Post
I recently purchased a aftermarket stereo to put in my 2006 f150 with factory sub and amp. I took my time and made sure everything was wired correctly and all but whenever I tried to start my truck it wouldn't even turnover. I put back in the factory stereo and it started right up. There was one harness that plugged into the factory but car toys didn't give me a harness to put in the new one. I was told it was either security or ignition. Any ideas?
It was probably for the factory sub
__________________
2014 Tuxedo Black F150 XLT Scab 4x4 w/5.0. JVC's in doors. 2 - 10" Kenwood subs under rear seat powered by JL Audio amp
Wyo11Scab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:54 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab View Post
It was probably for the factory sub
But why won't it turn over? And how do I wire that in to it all?
Logan_wright71/ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:12 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Casper, WY.
Posts: 1,859
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 121 Times in 117 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan_wright71/ View Post
But why won't it turn over? And how do I wire that in to it all?
You need another pigtail adapter. I had to get one for my 2006 expedition. Can't help u with the turn over part. Double check all wiring would be where I would start.
__________________
2014 Tuxedo Black F150 XLT Scab 4x4 w/5.0. JVC's in doors. 2 - 10" Kenwood subs under rear seat powered by JL Audio amp
Wyo11Scab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:03 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab View Post
You need another pigtail adapter. I had to get one for my 2006 expedition. Can't help u with the turn over part. Double check all wiring would be where I would start.
Where did you get one and do you know how to wire it all together?
Logan_wright71/ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:11 PM   #6
KAC Shooter
5 Year Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 3,563
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 38 Times in 34 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan_wright71/ View Post
Where did you get one and do you know how to wire it all together?
You need the pigtail for the audiophile stereo option.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...he-FDK11B.html

See the harness on the left? Cant get any easier. The bag even has instructions!
__________________
2013 Ecoboost Black on Black FX2 SCREW - Stainless Works chambered exhaust, Airaid Intake, SCT X3, Aeroforectech gauge.
2007 Black on Black SCAB sold 14 Sept 13
1996 Thunderbird LX 14.17@98mph sold 13 Oct 12
obusnizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:50 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by obusnizzle View Post
You need the pigtail for the audiophile stereo option.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...he-FDK11B.html

See the harness on the left? Cant get any easier. The bag even has instructions!
I already have that connector all wired and everything. It's a different connected that comes from the factory. One I've never seen. Thanks for all your help!
Logan_wright71/ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 04:39 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Casper, WY.
Posts: 1,859
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 121 Times in 117 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan_wright71/ View Post
I already have that connector all wired and everything. It's a different connected that comes from the factory. One I've never seen. Thanks for all your help!
It is the same one I had in my 2006 expedition. You will also want to wire in thishttp://www.amazon.com/Axxess-Interface-AFDI-5V-Ford-Step/dp/B00200K1X4 to stop the thump from the sub amp when you turn on and off the HU
__________________
2014 Tuxedo Black F150 XLT Scab 4x4 w/5.0. JVC's in doors. 2 - 10" Kenwood subs under rear seat powered by JL Audio amp
Wyo11Scab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:57 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
GotHonks?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Central Valley of Ca
Posts: 319
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thanked 23 Times in 19 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Damn me too not that bad though ....

I installed a touchscreen and had issues but not like yours ....could be you have the wrong Can Bus ... My keys wouldnt unlock my doors and my AC wouldnt work . Screen never lit up but I did get a thump ....thump ..sound ...Im sure mine is the wrong Can bus as it says explorer on it ... If it was an 09-14 model it would most likely work ... So Im trying to find the right one so I can try an install it again ....
GotHonks? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:57 PM
 
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Join F150 Forum

 

The Mustang Source
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:25 PM.


Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.