Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

F150 Newbie - Questions, please answer

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 04:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smile F150 Newbie - Questions, please answer

I am just coming out of a jeep and about to get a F-150. Not sure which year or make yet, but my questions are just general....

I am currently running 2 10" subs downfiring in my jeep and I can get my car to shake and rattle, but for this truck I want to go all out and make the cars next to me shake too. My goal is to be that car that when it drives by in the parking lot you can hear the bass...

But enough about this, my main questions are Shallow mount vs. Normal (if it would even fit?)

Could you perhaps give me some suggestions for models of subs/amps/speakers/decks that you have or have tested out.

I am currently looking at having double Earthquake SWS-15X 15" or double JL Audio 13TW5-3 Shallow-mount 13.5"

ALSO what should I do with my 10" DB Polks that are in my jeep. Should I see if they can fit somewhere in the truck and have 4 subs total? I am probably going to take my amp (
Crunch Ground Pounder 30th anniversary 1000 watts Crunch Ground Pounder 30th anniversary 1000 watts
) out of my jeep and put it in the truck to power to speakers/tweeters, is that a good idea?

Is this a good idea for an amp for double of the above mentioned subs? http://www.frys.com/product/6519403 or http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...s-CE1250M.html

As for the deck, I am looking for something that looks good, has GPS, equalizer controls if possible

and if possible could you tell me how much money I would be looking at spending for a setup like this? Keep in mind... I want to SHAKE the cars next to me.

Last edited by brandonra; 03-28-2011 at 04:49 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:07 PM

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

There is really no way to answer your questions without knowing what truck body type you will have. Until that is known, can't give you a direction to go in...
Old 03-29-2011, 12:08 AM

I just want to know if those 13.5 shallow mounts by JL will be enough to thoroughly shake my truck and the cars around me? Or is that aiming too high? I will have double 13.5's if that helps.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Shollow mounts are junk unless that's all u can fit.
If you give a little more vehicle info I can help
Old 03-29-2011, 12:36 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

if you ask me shallow mounts are a waste of money this is the only thing that sucks about pick ups is the bass. well in my truck i jus unfold my rear seat and i put in a set of 2 10 inch premiers and run in off a 1000 watt kenwood amp and for the price i paid was like 300 for all if it brand new and i like it sounds real nice better than shallow mounts. you can actually hear me comming down the street, and i surprise people when im at a stop light people dont think the bass is comming from my truck. i compared my system to one of my buddys who has shallow mounts in his silverado and he paid a whole lot more like 7 or 8 hundred for his system and mine beats it by a long shot. but if space is a problem one of my buddys told me to remove the rear seat and make a custom box to fit as the seat and speakerbox its not a bad idea i might jus do that in the summer once i start working again and it gets warmer.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:39 AM

Like I said I have not bought it yet and I am unsure of the year or make....

I am just wondering between the JL 13.5 shallow mounts and the Earthquake 15 shallow mounts which would be a better choice for me

and would my above mentioned current amp provide enough power for double of those subs?

I am about to get a great deal on the JLs, so I would appreciate quick responses. I have heard good things about the JLs and nothing on the Earthquakes... the JLs max out a 1.2k watts or something so if I run them at 1k each or something will they hit hard and low? enough to atleast thoroughly shake my car?
Old 03-29-2011, 12:42 AM

from shallow mounts you wont get that much good response for bass but if i were to choose between the two you mentioned i would go with JL no doubt, plus i never heard of earthquakes
Old 03-29-2011, 12:46 AM

Ok thanks
I will purchase 2 of the JLs

can anyone please check out the link i provided for them and tell me how big of an amp would be sufficient or if my current amp is good enough? I want the most bang for my buck so yeah, if I need to run 1k a sub then should I get a 2.1k watt amp?

thanks
Old 03-29-2011, 12:53 AM

yea your gonna need something bigger to push them two subs i would either get a 2000 watt amp or get another crunch and it should push em fine
Old 03-29-2011, 12:57 AM

It might be somewhat difficult getting an identical crunch...i got that for 70$ at frys because it was the last one... But I will see what I can do

ANY SUGGESTIONS ON BRANDS/MODELS for a 2000+ watt Amp that 2+ channels (2 channels are cheaper right?)

Any suggestions on a new deck? I want a touchscreen thats GPS + blue tooth+ ipod+ cd+ equalizer controls if possible, equalizer isnt a must have, if anyone knows anything that matches this criteria can you please link me up. Thanks!

Last edited by brandonra; 03-29-2011 at 01:02 AM.

Quick Reply: F150 Newbie - Questions, please answer