Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

error message on avic

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 05:29 AM

Received 102 Likes on 91 Posts

Default error message on Pioneer avic

I have the Pioneer avic-Z110BT had it professionally installed it appears the unit is stumping them with a minor issue.It is throwing a error message on the screen that says parking brake lead is not installed correctly, they have been over it a couple times and have been on the phone with pioneer and can't seem to fix the problem. So they installed a switch so it will bypass that basically so I can throw the switch while driving or when parking brake is disengaged so I can work nav setting that are locked out,watch dvd,well it works great as long as I'm sitting in the driveway as soon as I'm driving and go over 15 mph it locks those features out. I know it's a new unit out and he has not installed alot of these yet, he says the more he works with them the more corks he'll figure out and know how to get around and then he'll get back to me and hopefully fix. It doesn't affect the performance of the unit just hit ok and it clears the message the switch thing doesn't really bother me but it is a little annoying when you have to pull over and stop just to put in a address. I guess my question is does anyone know how to get around this 15 mph? or has anyone got that error message and was able to find the problem and resolve again it's more of an annoyance then anything

Last edited by squirrelyyy; 10-03-2009 at 05:35 AM.

Quick Reply: error message on avic