Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Dynamat

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 03:23 PM
tlsmith821

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynamat

I have installed new speakers in my 06 and now the front drivers door rattles when I turn the volume up very loud. I am thinking about taking the door panels back off and putting dynamat pads there. Has anyone else had the same rattling problem and what do you think about the dynamat?

I found a set of two 10" X 10" pads at sonicelectronix I am thinking about.

Does anyone have pics of there dynamat installs?
Old 09-19-2011, 11:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tlsmith821
I have installed new speakers in my 06 and now the front drivers door rattles when I turn the volume up very loud. I am thinking about taking the door panels back off and putting dynamat pads there. Has anyone else had the same rattling problem and what do you think about the dynamat?

I found a set of two 10" X 10" pads at sonicelectronix I am thinking about.

Does anyone have pics of there dynamat installs?

be very aware that dynamat isnt designed to stop panels from rattling. it is to dampen sounds.

find the rattles source and fix it.

dynamat is not your answer

i do have an extensive audio background so this isnt just guestimated e-talk :P
Old 09-20-2011, 10:45 AM

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Tibbymat - Do you think that sufficient road noise is eliminated with dynamat (or equivalent) installed on the door panel? Or, is it a waste? I run with Bridgestone Duelers, which are "harder" tires, and are noiser than GoodYears. I have the stock head unit, with 5x7 Sony Xplods all around, and don't want to forklift upgrade the whole system to overcome road noise.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Warspite
Tibbymat - Do you think that sufficient road noise is eliminated with dynamat (or equivalent) installed on the door panel? Or, is it a waste? I run with Bridgestone Duelers, which are "harder" tires, and are noiser than GoodYears. I have the stock head unit, with 5x7 Sony Xplods all around, and don't want to forklift upgrade the whole system to overcome road noise.

it will decrease road noise depending on how much you use. if its tire noise related you would have to do the entire floor as well as the doors but sound will still squeek through the door jambs. a cheaper easier way to do the equivelant will be to undercoat your truck.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:44 PM

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Crap! I recently had it on a lift to do the wheel bearings! Undercoating is GREAT advice - I kick myself for not thinking of it myself! The carpet may go in a few months, so I'll consider the conventional method of quieting the cabin. Thanks for the input!
Old 09-23-2011, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ensolite or something similar is a great product for reducing noise. Alot of people on the audio forums also go with a mass loaded vinyl also. I have about 100% coverage with Raammat then everything also got a layer of Ensolite before carpet and panels went back on. The Ensolite did a great job of bringing down the road noise. I agree with the undercoating also. I concentraded alot of deadening and Ensolite in the cab by the wheel wells and got good results from that also.
Like mentioned up top... find the rattle and take care of that specific rattle. Then another will pop up lol... its never ending but will make a big difference once you start getting rid of them.

Quick Reply: Dynamat