Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Door and Tweeter Speaker Upgrade 2010 Lariat

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Door and Tweeter Speaker Upgrade 2010 Lariat

I went by my local audio store recently to try to get an idea on how I can improve my overall sound quality in my truck. It's the top Sony system - and however much power the subwoofer gets is fine - with what I listen to, I'm fine with the performance of it and see no reason to upgrade it. I'd really be happy with more clarity from the other speakers and I do turn it up (more than I should). The shop quoted me 2000 for Focal door and tweeter speakers and a device that over rides the F150's pre-set equalizer. Of course I forgot what that's called.
I figure I should be able to replace the speakers myself and keep the sub woofer and do this without adding additional power. I think the power's already between 650 to 750 stock. So my question is - which brands work better than the original Sony's and will function without adding another amp?
Old 12-14-2015, 10:41 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by ftruckmayan
I went by my local audio store recently to try to get an idea on how I can improve my overall sound quality in my truck. It's the top Sony system - and however much power the subwoofer gets is fine - with what I listen to, I'm fine with the performance of it and see no reason to upgrade it. I'd really be happy with more clarity from the other speakers and I do turn it up (more than I should). The shop quoted me 2000 for Focal door and tweeter speakers and a device that over rides the F150's pre-set equalizer. Of course I forgot what that's called.
I figure I should be able to replace the speakers myself and keep the sub woofer and do this without adding additional power. I think the power's already between 650 to 750 stock. So my question is - which brands work better than the original Sony's and will function without adding another amp?
Your 650-750 is more like 100 -150 if you are lucky.

You want a speaker with high efficiency to output more sound with the same power.

The shop was quoting you some high end equipment but using the stock amp wouldn't do u much good.
Old 12-14-2015, 12:18 PM
WindowGuy

Received 153 Likes on 135 Posts

From everything I've read Polks are a good cheap speaker, Infinity Kappa's are good for lower power systems, and Hertz are one of the best if money is no object.

Quick Reply: Door and Tweeter Speaker Upgrade 2010 Lariat